Everton Eager to Recruit Gareth Barry From Manchester City But Face Problems Over His Wages: Nightly Soccer Report
Everton are eager to sign Gareth Barry from Manchester City, but the Merseyside club have been unable to agree personal terms. The 32-year-old midfielder is on wages of £100,000 per week at City, and both Everton and Manchester City are now stalled to figure out how they can fund his wage demands.
Barry wasn’t in Manchester City’s squad on Monday night that defeated Newcastle United. The English midfielder has been replaced in the side by Fernandinho. Meanwhile, Barry could be an ideal replacement for Marouane Fellaini if the Belgian moves to Manchester United.
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
- Everton eager to recruit Gareth Barry from Manchester City but face problems over his wages — Telegraph
- PSV 17-year-old attracting interest in England after fast start to season — Pro Soccer Talk
- Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany faces three weeks out — The Guardian
- Angry Arsene Wenger snipes back at Arsenal transfer critics — Metro
- Everton’s Fellaini and Baines may have to request moves if they want out — The Guardian
- Scott Sinclair is a Southampton target as West Brom bid drags on — The Mirror
- Galatasaray claim Johan Elmander is set to sign for Norwich — Sky Sports
- Oxlade-Chamberlain contradicts Wenger, saying he expects to be out for three months — The Mirror
- Liverpool’s true status highlighted by losing out in transfer window to Spurs — Telegraph
UEFA Champions League
- Fenerbahce face anxious wait as court case looms after Arsenal visit — The Guardian
- PSV v AC Milan UEFA Champions League highlights — FOX Soccer
- Lyon v Real Sociedad UEFA Champions League highlights — FOX Soccer
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.