NBC Launches EPL Game Finder to Help Soccer Fans Find Their Games On TV

premier league game finder nbc 600x264 NBC Launches EPL Game Finder to Help Soccer Fans Find Their Games On TV

NBC Sports has released a new tool to help fans of Premier League clubs in the United States find what channel numbers the matches will be on.

With a sea of different TV providers across the United States showing Premier League matches and many of them offering Premier League Extra Time, the tool simplifies the process of determining which matches will be shown on what channel numbers and at what time. Even with an updated TV schedule for Premier League matches, it can be quite overwhelming for some to wade through all of the choices and different options available via the different TV providers.

NBC’s Premier League Game Finder is easy to use.  All you have to do is enter your zip code and then select your TV provider from the drop-down list, and then click submit to see what matches your TV provider will be broadcasting.

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, NBC. Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to NBC Launches EPL Game Finder to Help Soccer Fans Find Their Games On TV

1. christian says:

Well done Gaffer. The site has done an excellent job keeping us up to date on this change to NBC’s excellent coverage. I’ll give you a cheers tomorrow morning when the first match starts.

2. David G says:

This is too great. NBC couldn’t manage to get Extra Time available themselves by the start of the season.

Barclays Premier League Extra Time is available in select XFINITY markets, with the remaining markets expected to be added by the end of the year. Go to On Demand/Sports & Fitness/Premier League to see if you receive the Extra Time package. All Barclays Premier League Games are available at NBC Sports Live Extra.

3. David G says:

Gaffer,

I feel unless these posts are blatant commercials for NBC Sports you should put int he disclaimer that you can’t watch every match on NBC Extra App as it DOES NOT WORK.

• leafsfan1967 says:

I wish the complaints about the alleged “blatant commercials” for NBC would stop. The Gaffer has helped mobilize the football fanatics and given us a voice and platform that is actually being read by the TV people. We should be thankful for that and stop complaining.

As far as the app goes, it works fine on my iPad although it will be interesting to see how it does tomorrow with a lot of people trying to access it.

• David G says:

The only negatives I’ve seen Gaffer publish at all is how other providers may not give full access to all the games.

Fair enough and I appreciate all the helpful info, but I think it should be noted somewhere that a majority of people cannot use the Extra League App as IT DOES NOT WORK.

Also if Gaffer is going to encourage people to call their providers to demand every game be accessible this Saturday he should encourage people to call NBC/Comcast and do the same because as a Comcast customer I am NOT able to access every game.

• Christopher Harris says:

David, the article in this thread has nothing to do with NBC Sports Live Extra. It’s focused on Premier League Extra Time.

In my article yesterday about the NBC Sports Live Extra app at http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/08/15/how-to-watch-premier-league-matches-via-nbc-sports-live-extra/, I said the following…

“Note for Android smartphone and tablet users: The reviews for the NBC Sports Live Extra app are pretty awful, so the chances of the current version of the app streaming live Premier League matches without any issues is slim to none. You may want to watch the games online or on television until a work-around can be found (or until the app is updated on the app store, so it doesn’t crash so often). The NBC Sports Live Extra app for iOS users works seamlessly with no problems.”

• David G says:

from bottom of this article

“Don’t forget, you can also watch all 380 Premier League matches this season live online via the NBC Sports Live Extra app as long as your TV provider has agreed a deal with NBC.”

If it doesn’t work for the largest market share device in world/America then I feel it should be noted.

Also have you banged on NBC itself for not giving it’s customers full access Premier League Extra Time?

• Christopher Harris says:

David, there’s no need to take out your anger on me. I’m simply reporting the facts. It’s not my responsibility to be the messenger to NBC, but rest assured, the folks from NBC do read the site so they’re completely aware of what’s going on.

Like I said, the article about NBC Sports Live Extra at http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/08/16/nbc-launches-epl-game-finder-to-help-soccer-fans-find-their-games-on-tv/ highlights the issues that Android users have been experiencing with the app.

As for Premier League Extra Time, NBC is offering all of those channels to TV providers. If any of the TV providers aren’t offering it, it’s the TV providers you should be contacting, not NBC.

• leafsfan1967 says:

David, I really think you are missing the point by yelling at The Gaffer. All he has done is be the messenger and, as I said earlier, provided a venue for EPL fans to talk about the issues where we know that NBC is seeing the feedback.

Gaffer, please keep threads like this coming they are providing a very important service.

4. leafsfan1967 says:

Again, well done to NBC! It looks like for the Philadelphia market that DirecTV has the most coverage.

5. rej4sl says:

Comcast in twin cities Minneapolis. Said we get PLET on demand from tomorrow.

6. Dan L says:

Time Warner not showing the premier league extra time games in my market (Louisville) So glad I am getting U-Verse installed in a couple of weeks.

• jennifer says:

Our plan, too, in Cbus Oh. We almost switched a few weeks ago but decided to wait and see who really rolled out what and when. Looks like twc is regional-friends in ny have a listing but we do not.

7. Paul says:

DISH network will NOT be carrying the Premier league Extra Time :(

8. David G says:

I can’t believe that Comcast, which owns NBC, would purchase the rights to EPL and then advertise that they’d show every game each weekend and then not make that available to their own customers.

I will now try and switch from Comcast (who paid for EPL rights) to directTV or someone else so I can watch every EPL game.

• Christopher Harris says:

Some of the Comcast markets are showing Premier League Extra Time, some are not. I’m trying to get to the bottom of it to find out who is and who isn’t. I’m in the same boat as you are, David. I’m a Comcast customer too.

• David G says:

Thanks Gaffer

I surprised/not surprised…which is kind of worse. I figured my friends with dishes would be laughing at me with Comcast come this weekend but I kind of hoped that since Comcast owned NBC they surely wouldn’t actually advertise something for their competitors.

9. Jim says:

Looks like Time Warner is not adding the service in Cincinnati either. Since they just added Bein here two days ago, does not surprise me. Has anyone sorted the TW strategy here with who is getting the games and who is not?

• Guy says:

Don’t know why I’m getting them in rural eastern NC, but not complaining! :-)

• jennifer says:

It seems to be regional, sadly. We’re in columbus and no new channels yet, but I’ve friends in other regions (east) who’ve channels sorted. I can’t handle ringing twc again-have yet to reach anyone who knows anything about this mess. So very frustrating.

10. Guy says:

Again, great work by NBC.

I used the “Finder” and lo and behold it shows TWC showing the Norwich v Everton match on one extra channel and the Sunderland v Fulham and So’ton v WBA matches on two others. Cardiff v West Ham is currently unassigned.

I went to my local channel guide for eastern NC and it is indeed showing the Everton match. Two adjacent Special Events channels show nothing at present, but I imagine they will, eventually.

Not sure why this all had to come down to the last minute, but I do think the “overflow channels” concept, while common to DirecTV, is pretty much unprecedented to cable companies. At least I know it is to my local TWC outlet.

At any rate, as I suspected, TWC would get around to it sooner or later. My local channel guide is also showing 2 hour slots for “EPL Soccer” on Mon.@12:00 a.m.; Tue. and Wed.@12:00 a.m. and @7:00 a.m. Those are in addition to the slots already labelled MOTD.

I believe I will be able to get my fill of footie. :-)

11. rej4sl says:

I was told that it will launch on Xfinity on August 17 for our market so anyone who does not see it just wait until tomorrow and see what happen. No point in jumping the gun just yet.

12. Nick says:

I am incredibly disappointed in Verizon FiOS and their lack of quality customer service when it comes to addressing the demands of their customer base to provide the Premier League Extra Time channels.

13. Andy says:

That Comcast will be showing the overflow matches On Demand rather than on separate channels is a pretty big bummer. Fast forward for On Demand is usually very limited. You won’t be able to easily flip from match to match.

14. Mikeyp says:

Looks like RCN added PL Extra Time! When I went and searched for games it listed our all the 10AM games. Also confirmed through my TIVO app and list the 4 Extra time channels. I am DC btw.

15. San Fransiscan says:

This is great, but what is mun2?

16. Mason says:

Ridiculous amount of confusion up to this point, but it seems that Austin TWC is getting it. Thanks for keeping us posted on this. It was hard to find quality information elsewhere.

17. Does anyone know if games will remain on the extra time app for re-broadcast after they have been played, much in the same way that ESPN allows you to watch games that have already been played on WatchESPN?

18. krazymunky says:

Might be good to include the gamefinder link and other useful info onto the EPL TV schedule page.