Newcastle and LA Galaxy Offered Cut-Price Deal For Samuel Eto’o: Daily Soccer Report
Newcastle United and LA Galaxy have been offered a cut-price deal to sign striker Samuel Eto’o from Russian Premier League side FC Anzhi Makhachkala. The Dagestan-based team have gone bankrupt and have transfer listed their entire team.
Eto’o, who joined Anzhi in 2011 from Inter Milan, is the world’s highest paid footballer.
According to reports in Russia, Newcastle United have been formally offered a chance to sign Eto’o, but Newcastle United Director of Football Joe Kinnear has yet to respond to the offer. The speculation is that Anzhi would agree to a deal of around £5million.
In another press report, this time from Portuguese newspaper A Bola, they report that LA Galaxy are interested in signing Samuel Eto’o but Anzhi wants a transfer deal of approximately £13million.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Newcastle offered cut-price transfer for Anzhi Makhachkala outcast Samuel Eto’o — Metro
- LA Galaxy enter bidding for Eto’o, Anzhi asks for £13million — A Bola
- Chelsea sweat on fitness of Frank Lampard, Juan Mata and David Luiz — The Guardian
- Wayne Rooney has told his Manchester United team-mates he will be joining Chelsea — ESPN FC
- Community Shield 2013 preview: Manchester United v Wigan Athletic — The Mail
- Don’t be fooled by Gareth Bale to Real – British football is not that good — The Guardian
- Shola Ameobi unsure of future at Newcastle United — Newcastle Journal
- Cardiff City close to signing Chile international Gary Medel from Sevilla — Wales Online
- Barcelona expect David Luiz to ask to leave Chelsea this Monday — The Mail
- Roy Hodgson: I won’t risk Wayne Rooney’s fitness in England friendly — Metro
- Rodgers rubbishes Aly Cissokho link after player claims he agrees personal terms with club — The Mirror
- Russell Martin named Norwich City team captain — Norwich City
- Andy Carroll sued over claims he trashed £2million rented bachelor pad — The Mirror
- Fulham’s John Arne Riise in talks over free transfer to Werder Bremen — The Mail
- Subbuteo: welcome to the little league — The Guardian
- Tottenham bid £15m for Roma’s Miralem Pjanic — Off The Post
- Prices of houses next to football stadiums soar — The Telegraph
- Cardiff boss unfazed by missing out on top-end transfer targets as EPL looms closer — Wales Online
- Aston Villa captain Ron Vlaar’s future at the club has been thrown into doubt — The Mail
Major League Soccer
- Clint Dempsey’s Sounders salary fourth-largest in MLS history — Sports Illustated
- James McClean had to leave Sunderland to feature for Ireland at the World Cup, says John O’Shea — The Mail
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.