Chelsea’s Kevin de Bruyne and Andre Schurrle scored against AC Milan tonight in front of more than 39,000 fans in New York to send Jose Mourinho’s side into a dream final against Real Madrid in the International Champions Cup. The final will be played on Wednesday night at Sun Life Stadium in Miami to determine whether Chelsea or Jose Mourinho’s former team Real Madrid will win the inaugural International Champions Cup trophy.
The match-up between Jose Mourinho and Carlo Ancelotti is mouthwatering. But then you’ve also got some of the best players in the world including Cristiano Ronaldo, Fernando Torres, Xabi Alonso, Sergio Ramos, Eden Hazard, Frank Lampard, Oscar, Juan Mata and more.
Tickets are still available starting at $75 for a two-day pass to see all four games featuring world-class teams. Plus, included in the price of admission, is a Fan Fest on both days from 4-9pm where there’ll be food, alcohol, music and a chance to welcome the players as they enter the stadium.
If you don’t live in the area, the games will be shown live on television.
With Valencia defeating Inter Milan 4-0 earlier today, the schedule of matches for Tuesday and Wednesday in Miami are all set as follows (all times Eastern):
Tuesday, August 6
Juventus vs Inter Milan, 6:30pm — Seventh place game
Everton vs Valencia, 9pm — Fifth place game
Wednesday, August 7
LA Galaxy vs Milan, 6:30pm — Third place game
Chelsea vs Real Madrid, 9pm — Final
Kartik Krishnaiyer and I will be there on Tuesday and Wednesday covering the games and press conferences for World Soccer Talk. If you’re going, let us know in the comments section below.
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
- ICC soccer tourney doubleheader at Dodger Stadium draws 40,681 — Sports Business Daily
- Cesc Fabregas: Man United still keen despite Barca claims — BBC Sport
- Didier Drogba beats Arsenal (again) with lovely goal to win Emirates Cup — Dirty Tackle
- Barcelona will not listen more to Manchester United for Cesc Fabregas — Marca
- Joe Kinnear says Newcastle are close to loaning Loïc Rémy from QPR — The Guardian
- Arsenal’s Gervinho to sign four year contract with Roma by Monday morning — 101 Great Goals
- Crystal Palace interested in signing Darren Bent and Marouane Chamakh — Sky Sports
- Gary Neville holds a brilliant 20 minute interview on Test Match Special — 101 Great Goals
- FOX Soccer Daily introduces Julie Stewart-Binks to FOX Sports 1 — FOX Soccer
Scottish Professional Football League
- Coventry City face FA inquest after protesting fans invade pitch at Crawley — The Telegraph
- Football League opening weekend review — The Mail
- Punk Football: Documentary on FC United of Manchester — 101 Great GOals
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.