Now that Newcastle United have pulled out of negotiations after their £7million bid for Bafetimbi Gomis was rejected by Lyon, the Tyneside club have turned their attention back to Queens Park Rangers striker Loic Remy as a possible summer loan signing.
According to the Newcastle Chronicle, a loan deal could be finalized as early as this week.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Newcastle United continue interest in striker Loic Remy — Newcastle Chronicle
- Bayern Munich and Barcelona told ‘David Luiz staying at Chelsea’ — Evening Standard
- Defiant Daniel Levy to fight off Real Madrid — Evening Standard
- Newcastle United pull out of negotiations after £7m bid for Bafetimbi Gomis is rejected by Lyon — Telegraph
- Chelsea to hold off on bid to sign Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney — Evening Standard
- Crystal Palace wants to sign Arsenal’s Marouane Chamakh on loan — The Mail
- Liverpool looking to Lorenzo Melgarejo as a solution for their Left back conundrum — Soccerlens
- Arsenal are ‘too risky’ as Brazil star Bernard chooses Porto — Evening Standard
- Marca caught making shit up! Spurs fans show paper rehashed a Modric quote, applied to Bale — 101GG
- Kick Out Racism launches app to help players and supporters report racist abuse — Evening Standard
- Liverpool fans condemn ‘shameful’ fans who unfurled a banner mocking Munich — Independent
- Roberto Martinez says Ross Barkley can make a big impact this season — Liverpool Echo
- Two more new faces expected at Sunderland this week — Newcastle Chronicle
- Fantasy Premier League winner reveals simple secret of success — Premier League
- Newcastle United unveil fans forum to offer supporters a boardroom presence — Newcastle Chronicle
- AC Milan defender Daniele Bonera breaks his kneecap — Sky Sports
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.