David Moyes Turns to Luka Modric as Manchester United’s Search For a Star Widens: Nightly Soccer Report
The Times newspaper is reporting tonight that Manchester United have turned their attention away from trying to sign Cesc Fabregas, and are now pursuing Real Madrid’s Luka Modric.
United are planning a £25million bid for the former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder.
What do you think? Is it a bogus transfer story fabricated by the British newspaper, or is there a grain of truth to this one? Modric would certainly fit in well at United if given the opportunity. Have your say in the comments section below.
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
- David Moyes turns to Luka Modric as Manchester United’s search for a star widens — The Times
- Gareth Bale will put pressure on Spurs to let him go to Real Madrid — The Guardian
- Gary Hooper targeting goals to force England World Cup call-up — The Independent
- Spurs and Real Madrid set Miami meeting to discuss Gareth Bale — Off The Post
- Five things we’ve learned from Manchester United’s tour — The Guardian
- Michael Laudrup says solid defence rather than star strikers is key to Europa success — Wales Online
- David Moyes returns to urgent talks over Cesc Fábregas and Nani — The Guardian
- AZ Alkmaar striker Aron Jóhannsson picks USA over Iceland — Pro Soccer Talk
- Gold Cup Final wins the ratings weekend over UFC, baseball — SB Nation
Russian Premier League
- Europol turns its focus on Russian mafia over alleged match-fixing — Inside World Football
- How supporters were duped into paying £17 to watch Newport vs Aston Villa under-21′s — My Old Man Said
- PSV Eindhoven hope to sign Queens Park Rangers midfielder Park Ji-sung — Sky Sports
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.