Tottenham Agree £26m Deal to Sign Valencia Striker Roberto Soldado: Nightly Soccer Report
Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a £26million deal with Valencia to sign Roberto Soldado, according to a report in Spain.
Soldado still has to agree personal terms and undergo a medical, but the outlook appears very positive that Tottenham have finally secured a deal to sign their elusive striker. The newspaper reports that Tottenham Hotspur Technical Director Franco Baldini said that the club will pay the £26million release clause in a series of installments.
What’s your opinion about Roberto Soldado? Will he be able to adapt to Premier League football? And now that Tottenham are close to wrapping up this transfer, is there transfer business complete for the summer, or do you see more additions being made before the window closes? Have your say in the comments section below.
Thanks to SB Nation’s Cartilage Free Captain blog for staying on top of the developing story.
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
- Tottenham agree deal to sign Valencia striker Roberto Soldado — SB Nation
- Cardiff City have Etienne Capoue bid accepted by Toulouse — BBC Sport
- Arsenal to bid £42.5m for Liverpool’s Luis Suarez – and hope transfer is done by Saturday — The Mirror
- Gareth Bale in battle to force through £86m move to Real Madrid — The Guardian
- Bale in turmoil after Spurs reject world record £82m bid from Real Madrid — The Mail
- Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini says Edin Dzeko is a key man — Sky Sports
- Man United considering final £36m bid to land Barca star Fabregas — The Mail
- Gareth Bale’s ability and ambition mean he has outgrown Tottenham — The Guardian
- Leighton Baines gave a lift to some Everton fans to Blackburn friendly — 101GG
- Three chasing snubbed Sunderland full-back Phil Bardsley — Sky Sports
- Arsenal target Bernard left out of Atletico Mineiro squad amid rumors he has signed for Porto — 101GG
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell agrees loan switch to Olympiakos — Sky Sports
- Ken Bates: I was sacked as Leeds president because of jet contract — The Guardian
- Brighton sign Swansea midfielder Kemy Agustien — Instagram
- Ken Bates’s career traced change in football from game to big business — The Guardian
- Edgar Davids to wear No1 shirt in midfield for Barnet this season — The Guardian
- Twenty things to look out for in the Football League this season — The Guardian
- Gonzalo Higuain officially completes move to Napoli — Pro Soccer Talk
- Ajax beat AZ Alkmaar 3-2 in the Johan Cruyff Schaal — Sky Sports
Scottish Professional Football League
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.