Andre Villas-Boas has refused to deny that Real Madrid have made a bid for Gareth Bale.
“I don’t want to comment on anything like that. I cannot speak about anything.”
Villas-Boas then refused to confirm or deny if there had been any official offers. “I don’t want to comment.”
Either the Tottenham Hotspur manager is sick of being asked about Bale’s future at the club, or there may be some truth to the article published in the Spanish media.
Marca reported that Real Madrid have made an offer of £51million to sign Bale.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- André Villas-Boas refuses to deny a Real Madrid bid for Gareth Bale — The Guardian
- Newcastle United looking at loan deal for Loic Remy — Chronicle
- Fulham could face transfer embargo over signing of French teen — Pro Soccer Talk
- BT Sport bidding war with ITV and Sky could see UEFA land £1billion jackpot bonanza — The Mail
- Pictures show Man City’s £120m Etihad Campus taking shape — Manchester Evening News
- Tottenham Hotspur rout South China to seal third place in Asia Trophy — The Guardian
- Manchester United manager David Moyes waits for Barcelona’s Cesc Fabregas — Manchester Evening News
- USA v. Panama Gold Cup Final preview: War of attrition or composition? — The Shin Guardian
- Jose Bosingwa set for Trabzonspor medical — The Mail
- Coventry sell less than 300 season tickets so far for ‘home’ games at Northampton — Coventry Telegraph
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.