Norwich City have agreed a fee with Celtic for star striker Gary Hooper only hours after Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp said the player was close to signing for the London-based club.
Hooper has been Celtic’s top goalscorer for the past three seasons, but the 25-year-old striker looks set to leave Scotland where he’ll discuss personal terms and have a medical with Norwich before joining the Canaries.
English-born, Hooper has climbed through the ranks of Southend and Scunthorpe before moving to Celtic in 2010 for £2.4million.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Norwich City agree fee with Celtic for Gary Hooper — The Guardian
- Fulham sign midfielder Ange-Freddy Plumain on free transfer until 2016 — Fulham FC
- Tottenham fear over Jan Vertonghen ankle injury as Andre Villa-Boas suggests sprained ligaments — Telegraph
- Moyes has confirmed the bid to bring Cesc Fabregas to Manchester United is ‘ongoing’ — The Mail
- Arsenal striker Gervinho linked with move to Roma — Sky Sports
- Hull City MD denies Hull City Tigers rebrand rumours — Hull Daily Mail
- Pre-season friendly: Stoke start US tour with loss to Houston Dynamo — Sky Sports
- Javier Hernandez is Valencia loan target — The Mail
- Pre-season friendly: Norwich suffer loss to Portland Timbers — Sky Sports
- Man Utd boss David Moyes labelled ‘dinosaur’ over Robin Van Persie injury — Off The Post
- Moyes dismisses ‘dinosaur coaching’ jibe and insists Man Utd striker Robin van Persie is fit — Telegraph
- Danish fans may support Swansea if Malmo beats Hibs in Europa League — Evening Post
- Arsenal’s bid for Luis Suarez smacks of desperation — Independent
- Sky Sports News to make football broadcast history — FC Business
- Arsenal striker Joel Campbell won’t be returning to Betis, heavily linked to Olympiakos — 101GG
- Toulouse reveal Cardiff are leading Etienne Capoue chase — Sky Sports
- Scott Sinclair offered chance to revive career at West Brom after season at Man City — Telegraph
- Roberto Martinez explains how to pronounce Gerard Deulofeu — Off The Post
- Bayern Munich set to be world’s biggest members’ club — Bayern Munich
- New SPFL branding is unveiled — Sky Sports
Major League Soccer
UEFA Champions League
- England’s Champions League clubs make €126m — FC Business
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.