Tottenham Hotspur may miss out on signing Valencia striker Roberto Soldado if they’re unwilling to increase their bid for the Spanish footballer.
According to reports in Spanish media, Tottenham Hotspur offered £22million for the 28-year-old striker, but Valencia are demanding £25million. The transfer talks appear to be at a stalemate unless Spurs are willing to offer more.
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has already confirmed that the club is trying to sign Soldado. But after missing out on signing Christian Benteke, what would you do if you were Spurs chairman Daniel Levy? Would you pay the extra £3million to get the player and finally find a striker that Tottenham supporters have been clamoring for throughout the 2012-13 season? Have your say in the comments section below.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Tottenham miss out on Soldado, Valencia demand €30m (offer is just €26m) — 101GG
- Chelsea finalise deal for Chile U20 midfielder Cristian Cuevas — Sky Sports
- Christian Eriksen agrees personal terms with Liverpool, set for €21m Ajax move — 101 Great Goals
- Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas confirms interest in Valencia striker Roberto Soldado — Sky Sports
- Di Canio: Peruzzi signing is too risky due to medical issues — Shields Gazette
- Tottenham Hotspur in bid for Lyon striker Lisandro Lopes — Soccerlens
- Kate Middleton and Prince William’s royal baby given miniature Aston Villa kit — Telegraph
- Papiss Cisse pictured in casino despite his religious stance over Wonga deal — Off The Post
- Tim Howard is happy to have competition for his place at Everton — Everton FC
- José Mourinho: Late transfer business could destabilise Chelsea rivals — The Guardian
- English Premier League out in the cold over opposition to Winter 2022 — Inside World Football
- Spurs boss AVB dashes Sunderland’s Danny Rose bid — Shields Gazette
- Arsenal target Bernard plays down reports a deal to sign him is done — Evening Standard
- Jose Mourinho to send Chelsea teenager Nathaniel Chalobah out on loan — Sky Sports
- Swansea City still working hard in the transfer market, says Huw Jenkins — Evening Post
- Wayne Rooney plays golf near Chelsea’s training ground — Off The Post
- Arsenal left-back Nacho Monreal set to miss the start of the season with back injury — Sky Sports
- Stoke City arrives in Houston for their US preseason tour — Stoke City
- Manchester United winger Nani in talks with Monaco — 101 Great Goals
- Manchester City renews deal with EA Sports — Manchester City FC
- Tony Carr celebrates 40 years on the job at West Ham — West Ham United
- Gonzalo Higuain’s sale to Napoli will fund bid for Luis Suarez — Evening Standard
- Darren Bent tells Aston Villa FC fans he is waiting for Newcastle United or Fulham — Chronicle
- Swansea revive John Guidetti interest as Manchester City striker eyes loan move — The Mirror
- Jose Mourinho puts pressure on David Moyes over Wayne Rooney bid — Evening Standard
- FIFA lifts international ban as Cameroon acts to ‘normalize’ — Inside World Football
South American soccer
- The incredible journey of Bert Trautmann — Bundesliga Fanatic
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.