Gareth Bale Tempted By £130million Real Madrid Offer: Nightly Soccer Report
Tottenham Hotspur could be tempted by a £80million offer from Real Madrid for Gareth Bale. That’s according to a seemingly incredulous article in The Sun newspaper tonight. Believe it not or believe it maybe.
Up until this point today, I’ve purposely steered away from the speculation in the Spanish media this morning that Marca had reported that Real Madrid were close to finalizing a six-year deal for Bale. The paper reported that Bale has asked to leave Tottenham and that he wants to sign with Real Madrid.
Whether it’s true or not, it’s impossible to know right now. Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas says that Bale will not be sold. But if an offer of £80million came in, no club would pass that offer up.
According to The Sun, Real Madrid are willing to offer Tottenham £80million for Bale, while Los Blancos would pay Bale £51million over the length of his six-year contract — for a whopping total of £130million.
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
- Gareth Bale tempted by £130MILLION Real Madrid offer — The Sun
- Fulham make fresh move for Malanda after Belgian midfielder jets in for talks — The Mail
- Sunderland: Di Canio eyes two full-backs and playmaker — Shields Gazette
- David Moyes expects Wayne Rooney to play in Manchester United friendly — The Guardian
- Mark Hughes wants to be “a bit more expansive” than previous Stoke City squads — Houston Dynamo
- Wilfried Bony transfer to Swansea is official after work permit approved — Swansea City FC
- Podcasts dead? One billion podcast subscriptions beg to differ — Read Write
- Papiss Cissé’s Wonga stand is clash of money and ethics for Newcastle — The Guardian
- English football’s three main governing bodies have until autumn to reform says government — Telegraph
- Ashley Cole: I still feel I owe Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho for initial performances — Independent
- Arsène Wenger believes Luis Suarez would be perfect replacement for Robin van Persie — Telegraph
- Arsenal target Bernard says his future is ‘in the hands of the board’ — The Independent
- Spanish invasion of the Premier League continues, when will it end? — Pro Soccer Talk
- Gervinho on brink of ending his Arsenal nightmare with £7m switch to Roma — The Mail
- USA-El Salvador match draws 1.2 overnight rating on FOX — Soccer America
- Tom Ince: ‘Dad says I must leave Blackpool to reach top’ — The Independent
- Queens Park Rangers sign midfielder Karl Henry from Wolves — The Telegraph
- Michael Rensing walks out of Fortuna Düsseldorf — Bundesliga Fanatic
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.