Tata will replace Tito.
Barcelona have appointed Gerardo “Tata” Martino as the successor to Tito Vilanova. The new Barca manager was recommended by Lionel Messi after impressing at Argentine club Newell’s Old Boys both as a player and manager.
Read more insight in the articles below.
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
- Phil Woosnam: A Great Soccer Pioneer — Soccer America
- Next stop, Sporting Lisbon: Seattle Sounders announce Fredy Montero’s latest loan — Pro Soccer Talk
- New York Cosmos are left high and dry by Watford — The Mail
Russian Premier League
- Tottenham ‘not far’ from sealing deal for Valencia’s Roberto Soldado — The Guardian
- Juan Mata and Fernando Torres to miss Chelsea season opener vs Hull — The Guardian
- Manchester United ponder club record £35m bid for Cesc Fábregas — The Guardian
- Arsenal clarifies Emirates contract amid ‘anti-Jewish’ clause uproar — International Business Times
- Manchester City have been studying Malaga matches, reveals James Milner — The Independent
- Velez Sarsfield expect Gino Peruzzi to seal Sunderland move — Sky Sports
- Aly Cissokho to join Liverpool on one year loan, with option to buy for around €4m — 101GG
- Hamburg keen on Nikica Jelavic but no approach to Everton yet — The Guardian
- Spurs Sporting Director, Franco Baldini, arrives in Valencia for talks over Roberto Soldado — 101GG
- Harford claims Millwall job reason he ‘turned down’ NUFC — Chronicle
- How has your Premier League club’s crest evolved? — The Mail
- The remaking of Manchester City — Grantland
- Teenage prodigy Foday Nabay quits Birmingham City for Fulham — Birmingham Mail
- Cardiff City FC clears long-standing Langston debt — BBC News
- Paul Lambert set to offload Alan Hutton on another season-long loan to Real Mallorca — Telegraph
- Stoke City suffer setback as Jermaine Pennant is denied entry into USA — The Mail
- Gary Hooper still a Canaries target to partner for Ricky van Wolfswinkel — The Mirror
- Aston Villa striker Darren Bent confirms he is leaving the club — The Mail
- The wait goes on – crucial Coventry City creditors’ meeting adjourned — Coventry Telegraph
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.