Manchester United have reportedly made an improved bid of £30million plus add-ons for Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas, according to Sky Sports.
The Red Devils are not giving up the chase for the Spanish midfield maestro despite the fact that the Barcelona vice-president says that Fabregas is non-transferable. United may feel there’s an opportunity to lure Fabregas away now that there’s a question about who will become the new manager of Barcelona after Tito Vilanova stepped down.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Real Madrid to offer Liverpool £20m plus Gonzalo Higuain for Luis Suarez — The Sun
- Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas is bookies’ favourite for Barcelona job — Evening Standard
- Atletico Mineiro’s Bernard is going to join Arsenal says ESPN Brazil — 101GG
- Bafetimbi Gomis in ‘come and get me’ plea to Newcastle United — Chronicle
- Olympiakos weigh up bid for Newcastle’s Sylvain Marveaux — L’Equipe
- Danny Graham can’t wait to start scoring goals for Hull City after signing season loan deal — Mirror
- Swansea City still wait on Wilfried Bony work permit — Evening Post
- Chelsea favourite Alan Hudson is living in a hostel after hitting rock bottom — The Mail
- My focus will always be the league not Europe, admits Swansea chairman — Evening Post
- Sunderland have made an enquiry for Valencia left-back Aly Cissokho — Shields Gazette
- A-League All Stars 1 Manchester United 5: match report — The Telegraph
- José Mourinho’s pursuit of Wayne Rooney puts David Moyes on the spot — The Guardian
- Barça make contact with ex-Newell’s coach ‘Tata’ Martino to replace Tito — 101GG
- Luis Enrique the favourite to take over from Tito Vilanova at Barça — 101GG
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.