SUN, 8:30AM ET
THFC
SAT, 7:45AM ET
AST
NEW

Final Episode of ‘FOX Soccer News’ Will Air On US TV On August 17

fox soccer news Final Episode of FOX Soccer News Will Air On US TV On August 17

‘FOX Soccer News,’ the nightly news and analysis show, will no longer be available on United States television once FOX Soccer Daily launches on FOX Sports 1 on August 19.

“‘FOX Soccer News’ will no longer be shown on FOX Soccer after August 17,” said a spokesperson for FOX Sports. “‘FOX Soccer Daily’ will be the primary destination for our soccer coverage going forward.”

While the news that ‘FOX Soccer News’ calling it quits isn’t earth-shattering, the confirmation will at least give soccer fans in the US a chance to watch the final episodes of the show before it’s no longer available Stateside.

Produced by Rogers Media in Toronto, the show launched in August, 2012 and was met with a mixed reaction. Many of the viewers who watched the previous incarnation of ths show, which was entitled ‘FOX Soccer Report’ and produced in Winnipeg, disliked the new talent, set and format of ‘FOX Soccer News.’ But others, myself included, found the show informative and a good resource for highlights as well as occasional thought-provoking analysis especially when the talented Bobby McMahon and Lloyd Barker were on.

The future of the show on Canadian television is uncertain. There’s always the chance that Rogers Media may continue producing the show, rename it and then continue airing it on Sportsnet Canada.

While the media buzz yesterday was focused on ‘FOX Soccer Daily,’ today would be a good opportunity to thank the Canadian talent for the daily show that has been running on US television for several years under the names ‘Fox Sports World Report,’ ‘FOX Soccer Report’ and ‘FOX Soccer News.’ I, for one, will miss it.

This entry was posted in FOX Soccer, FOX Sports 1. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Final Episode of ‘FOX Soccer News’ Will Air On US TV On August 17

1. Pete Q says:

I couldn’t name a single person on that show.

2. IU Gonzo says:

I, too, will miss it. I won’t miss it as much as I miss the original Fox Soccer Report. But, I will miss Lloyd Barker, Danny Dichio and Ben Ennis and his nightly nod to Larry Sanders (Garry Shandling) and “no flipping”.

3. Smokey Bacon says:

What’s her face was alright. Other than that…..

4. sucka99 says:

I had time for the analysts. Plus they had Bobby. Lots of highlights. Lots of mispronounciations. Dunlop was in the St. Louis/Machado wisecracking role, Sharner the Eoin O’Callaghan role, and Ben Ennis as Derek Taylor. Sarah Davies … Terri Leigh

5. Huw Roma says:

The show has been deteriorating for a long time. The hosts are total buffoons, with their lame jokes and observations. The removal of Sky Sports News made me hate it even more, because there’s no longer highlights of rugby, cricket, league etc Instead all we have is the Gold Cup Channel.

6. John Culea says:

Brendan Dun-flop and the illustrated girl were hopeless. I loved Bobby McMahon and thought the program was excellent when St. Louis was the host. Terri Leigh did a good job, but the glasses were brutal.
    Message to Dunlop–get someone to teach you basic broadcast reading and writing. The love-in you had with yourself each night stopped me from watching the program.

7. usarsenalfan says:

I felt the Toronto show improved over time, but was never better the Winnipeg show. Since the Toronto move there has been more borrowed interviews and reports from Sky Sports and as mentioned more of the analysts versus being a highlights and headlines only show. Dunlop is an unmitigated disaster and never improved, I can’t believe everyone here has already forgotten Kara Lang; to me the show was always more enjoyable after the set change and when Ben Ennis was in the lead chair. I will definitely miss Bobby Mac, Lloyd Barker, and the Coach.

8. goatslookshifty says:

BanterZone Question….Did anyone watch it after the first ten minutes?

9. rkujay says:

Bobby McMahon is interesting and thought provoking. The rest of the show was hopeless. No offense to MLS fans, but I couldn’t care less.

10. JFK says:

The show was amateurish at best. Half of the commentators were clueless about the topics they were covering with one exception: Bobby McMahon. Bobby was the only redeeming attribute to the show.

Lloyd Barker was truly painful to watch with his opinions that were either so clearly obvious or based on fantasy. I for one an glad to see them go.

11. sucka99 says: