There’s an interesting development in the Cesc Fabregas to Manchester United transfer saga tonight as The Guardian is reporting that Barcelona need the cash from the sale of Fabregas to help the club’s coffers after all of the money they’ve spent in the past two seasons on Neymar, Alexis Sanchez, Fabregas and a new contract for Messi.
The highly placed source at Barcelona told The Guardian that “Barcelona are willing to sell because they need the money,” and that a bid of £35million could convince the Spanish club to let Fabregas leave.
On top of that, Fabregas is believed to be discontent about the latest developments at Barcelona where the signing of Neymar has placed Fabregas further down the pecking order in regards to attacking footballers at the Catalan club.
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
- Arsenal ready to offer £40m to lure Luis Suarez — The Telegraph
- Premier League takes streaming website FirstRow Sports to High Court — The Mail
- José Mourinho delighted with Chelsea old guard ‘training like animals’ — The Guardian
- Aston Villa threaten Christian Benteke with large fine if he misses pre-season training — Telegraph
- Michael Owen attracts a wave of abuse after the ex-Liverpool player joins The Sun newspaper — 101GG
- David de Gea believes he can join Manchester United’s great keepers — The Guardian
- Sunderland striker Danny Graham leaves pre-season camp amid Hull City link — Sky Sports
- Jack Wilshere fit and focused for Arsenal and England’s campaigns — The Guardian
- The FA Cup to be shown live on BBC TV and BT Sport in UK from next year — The Mirror
- ‘Gary Neville has not only done a top job, he’s shaken up everything’ — The Guardian
- Fulham join Peter Odemwingie transfer chase as Crystal Palace’s pursuit drags on — The Mirror
- Swansea City have agreed a deal to sign former Arsenal full-back Jernade Meade — Sky Sports
- Leighton Baines adapting to new tactical approach at Everton under Roberto Martinez — Everton
- Crystal Palace in talks to sign former Blackpool winger Elliot Grandin — Sky Sports
- Jose Mourinho scoffs at Rafa Benitez’s Europa League title with Chelsea — Dirty Tackle
- Jose Mourinho rules out sales at Chelsea — Sky Sports
- Broadcasters lose final appeal to take down Aereo — Ars Technica
- Diego Maradona almost signed for Sheffield United — The Guardian
- Coventry City move: Ricoh Arena owners in legal threat — BBC Sport
- Titus Bramble is on trial at Ipswich Town — EADT 24
- Gus Poyet: Brighton & Hove Albion uphold Uruguayan’s dismissal — BBC Sport
- Gus Poyet accuses Brighton of a lack of ‘respect’ — The Independent
- Nottingham Forest sign Jack Hobbs from Hull City on initial loan — Sky Sports
Major League Soccer
- MLS at Yankee Stadium? Not so fast, Mayor Bloomberg says — Pro Soccer Talk
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.