Pep Guardiola has signed one of his young stars from Barcelona in a £21.6million four-year deal that’ll see Thiago Alcantara move to Bayern Munich instead of Manchester United.
Thiago, 22, was one of the stars of the Spain u-21 side this summer. The highly rated midfielder will join up with Guardiola later this week.
“Thiago Alcantara was the great wish of our new coach Pep Guardiola,” Bayern chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said.“We are delighted that we have been able to seal this great transfer. He is a fantastic player with great promise who will strengthen FC Bayern.”
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
- Bayern Munich agree £21.6m deal for Barcelona’s Thiago Alcântara — The Guardian
- Guillem Balague claims David Moyes wasn’t sure Thiago Alcantara could cut it for Man Utd — 101GG
- Agent: Dempsey not being shopped around by Tottenham — Soccer By Ives
- Arsenal to tempt Liverpool with £35m offer for Luis Suarez — The Mail
- Steven Gerrard set to agree two-year contract to stay at Anfield until 2015 — The Telegraph
- Manuel Pellegrini: Maicon not in Manchester City squad this season — Sky Sports
- Man City offer €23m for Alvaro Negredo, Sevilla holding out for €25, deal close — 101GG
- Kinnear to sit down with Newcastle manager Alan Pardew with Darren Bent top of agenda — Telegraph
- Robbie Rogers: Fans’ attitudes stop gay players coming out — BBC Sport
- Newcastle Academy shambles continues with club not releasing results of latest inspection — The Mag
- David Beckham promotes Premier League coverage as Sky Sports take on BT — The Mail
- Qatar set to purchase 118 tanks to prepare for 2022 World Cup — Pro Soccer Talk
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.