Amateur Scores Incredible Bicycle Kick in Messi Charity Game [VIDEO]: Daily Soccer Report
An amateur soccer player, who was brought in to make up the numbers due to a large number of stars dropping out of the Messi & Friends charity game, scored an absolutely incredible bicycle kick yesterday that you have to see to believe.
Thierry Henry chipped a free kick into the box for former college player (and now financial analyst) Matt Eliason to chest the ball before smacking it into the net with a beautiful overhead kick in front of a large crowd in Chicago.
While Eliason continues work as a financial analyst, he’s been practicing playing soccer in the hopes that he can sign a professional contract with a club. So how was this guy overlooked by MLS?!
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines
- Gonzalo Higuain training alone as he waits for Arsenal move — 101 Great Goals
- Chelsea’s Patrick van Aanholt returns to Vitesse Arnhem on loan — Sky Sports
- Why Liverpool’s new kits are a triumph — Back Page Football
- Nelson Mandela’s health could wreck Man City’s pre-season South African tour — The Mirror
- PSV Eindhoven keen to land Man City’s Karim Rekik on loan — Sky Sports
- Cider for breakfast: Watching soccer in America — Sabotage Times
- Jack Butland could swap Stoke for Spain this summer — Sky Sports
- Watford goalkeeper Manuel Almunia signs new one-year contract — Sky Sports
- Crewe Alexandra footballers held over sex attack claims — BBC News
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.