THURS, 12PM ET
MON
VIL
THURS, 3PM ET
EVE
WOL

Tottenham Hotspur Complete Signing of Brazilian Midfielder Paulinho: Official

paulinho 600x336 Tottenham Hotspur Complete Signing of Brazilian Midfielder Paulinho: Official

Tottenham Hotspur have completed their first signing of the summer by finalizing a deal to bring Brazilian midfielder Paulinho to White Hart Lane.

The 24-year-old former Corinthians footballer, who was one of the stars of the 2013 Confederations Cup, was being chased by Real Madrid and Inter Milan, but Tottenham Hotspur were able to convince the Brazilian to join the London club.

“I am very happy and excited to have joined Spurs,” said Paulinho. “It’s a huge pleasure for my career to be at a club as big as Tottenham.”

The transfer fee and length of the contract were not disclosed by Spurs.

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, Tottenham Hotspur. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Tottenham Hotspur Complete Signing of Brazilian Midfielder Paulinho: Official

1. NP says:

I think this is a decent pick up for spurs. I don’t know much about him from domestic Brazilian football but saw him play for the national team where he looked good.
    My only question is why were there no big teams in for him?
    Also, with this large(ish) transfer fee will spurs have enough left for a striker?

• Stu says:

Inter milan put a bid in for him last summer but he decided to stay with corinthians for another year. Another big wages bid came in from Russians Anzi but he wanted to move to Spurs and the Premier league. Spurs are offloading a few players such as Parker, Adebayor, huddlstone, ekkotto so theres money to come in. Im sure the board have provisions for another two 15-20 mill strikers due to public unrest within the spurs community!

• Dust says:

Where would Spurs get the money from? While under Daniel Levy the club has had a disciplined transfer policy, wage structure and is well run, there has been/is money.

1st Joe Lewis the billionare owner has decided to back Baldini and AVB with their targets.
      2nd the new TV deal.
      3rd Outgoing transfers.

Paulinho did break Spurs transfer record by 500k (rat boy was 16.5 I think)…no, spurs will not spend 100m as much as I and every other spurs fan wants Lewis to green light a mega spend…Porto scouts seem to do extremely well, I’m sure Levy,Baldini and AVB are looking for a similar approach. The 30m spent on the training facility and academy shows that intent and one I think IS a better approach than overpaying because a billionare has it.

17m in football transfer fees is not alot… But he [paulinho] will be worth it.

As for your snyd comment about Paulinho going to a “big” club…lol that just shows your ignorance about the game.

2. Dust says:

A transfer completed by July 6…ahh yes…the Baldini effect…clearly AVB, Levy & Baldini have had a plan for a while and set it up to act on it as soon as he was hired.

A shrewd tactical signing given what the other top clubs are doing.

Now a for 2 strikers, I’m sure Baldini is on it. Perhaps Villa, but I hope in addition we get Burak Yilmaz he looks very very good and would only be 20m. Last Jan AVB said Damiao was no longer a target…which I’m sure he’ll be kicking himself for being to damn greedy…good luck Southampton.

Paulinho IS a great signing, extremely versatile player!

COYS

3. Nelson says:

Before the signing of Paulinho, everything I’ve read pointed to Spurs priorities being striker(s), Left Back and and Attacking mid, in that order . Paulinho is a brilliant signing but not what I thought our first transfer move would be. 17mil spent already and we haven’t even filled our most crucial spots. With that said, I think Levy will finally loosen the purse strings. He mist bring in a quality striker. He has no option if he wants to make a run and give Bale and AVB a reason to stick around next season.

4. Spurs says: