PSG Will Pay £54m Fee to Snatch Edinson Cavani From Chelsea: Nightly Soccer Report
The biggest signing of the summer so far appears close to being finalized as Paris Saint-Germain look set to seal a deal with Napoli to sign Uruguayan striker Edinson Cavani for a whopping £54million.
According to the Evening Standard newspaper, “PSG sporting director Leonardo was in Naples last night to conclude the deal, although there has been a slight delay after the Serie A club asked for even more money at the last minute. Terms between Cavani and PSG have been agreed since March and he will sign a contract worth just over £160,000-a-week.”
If the deal goes through, this will be a blow to Chelsea and Manchester City who have both tried to sign Cavani this summer.
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
- PSG will pay £54m fee to snatch Edinson Cavani from Chelsea — Evening Standard
- Barcelona still yet to receive a bid for David Villa, Tottenham the front runners — 101GG
- Norwich linked to Ajax defender Toby Alderweireld — Sky Sports
- Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner in negotiations with Malaga, set to leave for €3m — 101GG
- Usain Bolt’s dream of playing for Man United is to come true at Ferdinand’s testimonial — The Sun
- England’s women can go one step further and win at Euro 2013 in Sweden — The Guardian
- Uruguay stun favourites Spain 1-0 in extra time at U20 World Cup — 101GG
- England’s delusion exposed by dire results of Under-21s, U20s and U19s — The Guardian
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.