American goalkeeper Brad Guzan has signed a new four-year deal at Aston Villa, which will keep him at the club to the end of the 2016-17 season.
“For me, it’s an honour and a privilege to play for Aston Villa Football Club and to commit my future long-term. I’m overjoyed by it.
“To have this opportunity to commit my future, with the plans and the future being what they are going forward, it’s tremendously exciting and I know that’s not just for me but for everybody, including the fans.
“From a personal standpoint, especially after last season playing consistently through virtually the entire season, hopefully now I’m coming in to some good years ahead and to be able to do that at Villa is exciting. It’s going to be good times ahead.”
Guzan was one of the main reasons why Aston Villa were able to stay in the Premier League season after a string of incredible performances throughout the majority of the season.
With Guzan penning a new deal at Aston Villa, it’s time for 28-year-old Guzan to get the starting position on the US men’s national team. He’s proven that he has the confidence and all-around skills to excel for his country. What do you think? Do you agree or disagree? Share your opinion in the comments section below.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Brad Guzan signs new 4-year deal at Aston Villa — Aston Villa
- Thiago Alcantara will join Manchester United, and his arrival at Old Trafford is a matter of days — 101GG
- Sunderland given permission to speak to Velez Sarsfield full-back Gino Peruzzi — Sky Sports
North American soccer
- Video :: United States v. Guatemala goals / highlights – international friendly — The Original Winger
- Canada hires Benito Floro as manager — FOX Soccer
- Messi and Friends match in Chicago marred by mass player cancellations — Pro Soccer Talk
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.