West Bromwich Albion striker Nicolas Anelka wants to end his career at the Baggies.
The former Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool forward has been around the block a few times, to say the least, but hopefully the 34-year-old striker can go out with a bang:
“I think I will finish in England, I’m happy here. I also hope that it will be with this club. I think this is the right club for me. I’m 34 years old now and I want to enjoy my football. I hope everything will be perfect.
“I’ve always liked West Brom. I have a lot of good memories of playing against West Brom, and now I have to do my best to score for West Brom. When I was playing for Chelsea, it was always tough to beat Albion.”
What’s your opinion? Do you think Anelka still has the skill and pace to succeed at West Brom to replace loanee Romelu Lukaku? Or will Anelka see most of his time sitting on the bench this season for Albion? Share your opinions in the comments section below.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Nicolas Anelka wants to end career at West Brom — The Mirror
- Free agent Nicolas Anelka signs for West Bromwich Albion — The Independent
- Spurs signing Paulinho nearly quit football after playing in Poland and Lithuania — The Guardian
- Paulinho deal could be completed today as Brazilian arrives at Tottenham for a medical — Independent
- Everton name four new members of Roberto Martinez’s staff — Everton FC
- Gonzalo Higuain on verge of signing for Arsenal – The Sun
- Arsenal have not made a bid for Higuain, striker is closer to staying at Real Madrid — 101GG
- Chelsea move could be too early for Marco van Ginkel, warns Overmars — Evening Standard
- Arsenal release Johan Djourou and Francis Coquelin on season-long loan deals — Independent
- Newcastle withdraw bid for Wigan’s Arouna Kone — Off The Post
- Manchester United want payment by results deal for Wayne Rooney — The Independent
- Cardiff pull out of £10m deal for Celtic’s Victor Wanyama — The Mail
- Southampton refuse to give up on Victor Wanyama — The Independent
- Swansea’s Huw Jenkins frustrated with Wilfried Bony deal — Sky Sports
- Manchester City target Pepe for European impact — The Independent
- Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville plan chain of football hotels and cafes — The Mirror
- Everton and Tottenham set to ‘battle it out’ over loan signing of Barcelona’s Gerard Deulofeu — Independent
- Premier League: How Muslims are changing English football culture — BBC Sport
- Chelsea striker Demba Ba in talks with Anzhi Makhachkala — Off The Post
- Burnley have taken Turf Moor and Gawthorpe back under the club’s ownership — Football Economy
- Matt Kilgallon agrees deal to join Blackburn Rovers — Sky Sports
- Harry Redknapp wants to tempt Gary Hooper to QPR — Evening Standard
- Who will win La Liga’s Sack Race? — Four Four Two
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.