Cristiano Ronaldo Rules Out Quick Return to Manchester United: Daily Soccer Report
In today’s soccer news, Cristiano Ronaldo has ruled out a quick return to Manchester United, ruining the hopes of United supporters who were excited about seeing CR7 return to Old Trafford.
“I miss English footbal. For me, it was one of the best years in my career when I was there in Manchester United. Everyone knows that it is a club that is still in my heart and I really, really miss.
“But now my life is in Spain. I am enjoying playing there too.
“Part of my life is there, but in the future we never know. I am really, really happy in the Spanish league.”
With no hope of Ronaldo returning to the Premier League, Radamel Falcao having joined Monaco and the likelihood that Edinson Cavani may be joining Paris Saint-Germain instead of Manchester City or Chelsea, are we to see any major signings join a Premier League club this summer, or are all the riches going to the super rich clubs such as Barcelona, Real Madrid, Monaco and PSG? Have your say in the comments section below.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Cristiano Ronaldo ‘missing Manchester United’ but rules out quick return — The Guardian
- Real Madrid give up attempts to sign Gareth Bale from Spurs this summer — Evening Standard
- Arsenal fail with bid for Lyon’s Clement Grenier — Sky Sports
- Perform proposes £40m acquisition of Opta — FC Business
- Roberto Martinez wants to keep hold of club ‘icon’ Leighton Baines — The Independent
- Roque Santa Cruz ready to snub Mark Hughes and choose Bologna over Stoke — The Mirror
- Manchester City in talks with Sevilla over signing striker Alvaro Negredo — 101GG
- Petr Cech to rock the drums at Czech music festival — Dirty Tackle
- Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney arrives for key talks on future — Sky Sports
- Chelsea, Arsenal, City and Spurs fight for Julien Ngoy — Daily Star
- Injury-hit ex-Swansea City player Ferrie Bodde preparing for more surgery — This Is South Wales
- Leeds United sign former Reading striker— BBC Sport
- Wigan receive three bids for Arouna Kone — Sky Sports
- Has Harry Redknapp just drafted in his successor? — Soccerlens
- Barcelona to bid €32m for PSG defender Thiago Silva — 101GG
- Leo Messi accused of ‘attempt to defraud American citizens’ as LA charity match is canceled — Dirty Tackle
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.