Tottenham Hotspur legend Glenn Hoddle believes that Gareth Bale should be handed the captaincy at the club.
Here’s what Hoddle said regarding the matter:
“I would have a word with Michael Dawson [the current captain] and give Bale the captaincy.
“Tottenham have had some wonderful captains over the years: Dave MacKay, Danny Blanchflower and, to give Bale the captaincy, is to put your hat on him. That would give him a lot of confidence, that little bit of added incentive, to see if he is a leader, if he can get even more out of himself.”
Do you agree or disagree with Hoddle? And if Andre Villas-Boas decides to give Bale the captaincy, what sort of impact do you think that’ll have, if any, on Michael Dawson’s morale? Share your opinions in the comments section below.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Tottenham should hand Gareth Bale the captaincy, says Glenn Hoddle — Evening Standard
- Hull City confirm signing of Scottish goalkeeper Allan McGregor — The Independent
- Joe Kinnear insists he is ‘head and shoulders’ above every other director of football in EPL — Independent
- Chelsea offers 15 million euros for Sporting Lisbon’s Bruma — Abola
- Kolo Toure completes deal to sign with Liverpool FC — Liverpool
- Manchester United transfer news: Ezequiel Garay Old Trafford switch unlikely — The Independent
- Swansea City want Nacer Chadli from FC Twente — Sky Sports
- PSV announce Man United target Kevin Strootman will stay for 1 more season — 101GG
- West Ham have made a bid for Swansea target Wilfried Bony — Sky Sports
- Thomas Ince move from Blackpool to Cardiff City could provide £2.8m windfall for Liverpool — Telegraph
- Fulham negotiating with Wolves for signing of Sako — Sky Sports
- Follow the Money: David Conn writes about football and the global marketplace — London Review of Books
- Fifa: Brazil World Cup to have ‘cheapest ever tickets’ — BBC Sport
- Confederations Cup: Five things we learned — The Guardian
- Top 10 goals of the 2013 Confederations Cup (videos) — Who Ate All The Pies
- Neil Warnock in contention for Leicester City manager’s job — The Independent
- Christian Samba close to Russia return as Queens Park Rangers accept £12m bid — The Independent
- Steve McClaren joins Queens Park Rangers’ coaching staff — The Guardian
- Middlesbrough snap up Dean Whitehead on a free transfer after Stoke exit — The Independent
- Coventry City edge closer and closer to the abyss — Just Football
- Wigan buy golf club for training ground — Football Economy
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.