Sunderland Confirm Signing of Valentin Roberge On a 3-Year Deal: Daily Soccer Report
It’s been a busy day at the Stadium of Light, as Sunderland today announced the signing of French defender Valentin Roberge as well as confirming the signings of defender Modibo Diakite from Lazio and midfielder Cabral from FC Basel.
Manager Paolo Di Canio is planning on overhauling his squad this summer after shipping out Phil Bardsley, Matt Kilgallon and Titus Bramble. More signings are expected as Sunderland are in talks to sign Argentina international full back Gino Peruzzi. Plus, I wouldn’t be surprised if Di Canio has more signings up his sleeve.
Sunderland next season are going to be mystery. They could be a force, or it could be a team that takes time to gel. What’s your opinion about the changes Di Canio is making at Sunderland? Is he on the right track, or should he buy more experienced footballers? Have your say in the comments section below.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Sunderland confirm signing of French defender Valentin Roberge on a three-year deal — Sky Sports
- Manchester United appoint Steve Round as assistant manager — Sky Sports
- David Moyes arrives at Manchester United as club appoints new coaches — The Guardian
- Chelsea determined to build on Roman Abramovich’s decade of success — Evening Standard
- Lyon have had talks with Swansea over sale of striker Bafetimbi Gomis — Sky Sports
- Chelsea prepared to loan out Oriol Romeu in bid to land Geoffrey Kondogbia — Evening Standard
- Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford will this week join MK Dons on loan until January — Chelsea
- Andre Villas-Boas to clear the Spurs decks as he makes way for five big stars — Evening Standard
- Birmingham winger Nathan Redmond set to join Norwich — This Is South Wales
- Bayer Leverkusen reject Arsenal’s €23m offer for Lars Bender [Express.de] — 101GG
- Wigan Agree Fee with Bursaspor for Scott Carson — Soccerlens
- Bolton sign Blackpool defender Alex Baptiste — BBC Sport
- Danny Murphy leaves Blackburn Rovers after nightmare season — The Mail
- Crewe’s Luke Murphy has agreed a move to Leeds and will pen a 3-year contract — Sky Sports
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.