Man United Poised to Launch New Bid to Sign Everton’s Leighton Baines After Rejected Bid: Nightly Soccer Report
Manchester United are poised to launch a new bid to try to sign Everton left back Leighton Baines after United’s initial bid of £12million was rejected by the Goodison Park club, according to an article tonight by The Telegraph newspaper.
The Times were the first to get the exclusive on Manchester United putting in a bid for Baines. Shortly thereafter, Sky Sports repeated the news, “according to Sky sources” (i.e. the article by The Times, but Sky Sports never credits anyone else). But Sky did add that Everton said that Baines was not for sale.
Now The Telegraph is continuing the story by saying that United are ready to put in a new bid.
Who knows who to believe with these type of stories. All it takes is one article to say something, and then everyone jumps on it as if it’s the gospel truth, which it may very well be. What do you think? Is there any truth to the story that United put in a bid for Baines? And if so, is he worth more than £12 million? If so, what price would you pay for him?
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
- Man United are poised to launch new bid to sign Everton’s Leighton Baines after rejection — Telegraph
- Shakhtar open to Henrikh Mkhitaryan offers as Anzhi join Liverpool & Dortmund in £25m chase — Mail
- Sunderland in talks with Gino Peruzzi over a transfer from Argentina’s Velez Sarsfield — Mirror
- Arouna Kone is only interested in a move to Everton to team up again with Martinez — Sky Sports
- Swansea hope to land Wilfried Bony from Vitesse despite Chelsea interest — The Guardian
- Montpellier receive offers for Tottenham and Newcastle target Younes Belhanda — Sky Sports
- Manchester City target Mario Gomez to fill void left by departing Carlos Tevez — The Independent
- Swansea raid the Spanish market again to sign defender Jordi Amat from Espanyol — The Mirror
- Newcastle’s Danny Simpson agrees three-year deal with QPR — Sky Sports
- Newcastle keeper Tim Krul targets start of season after surgery — The Independent
- Liam Rosenior signs new contract with Hull City — Sky Sports
- Oriol Romeu offered first-team opportunity on loan at Valencia — The Mirror
- Kevin Phillips warns Crystal Palace he has offers elsewhere — Sky Sports
- Newcastle United favourites to sign Aston Villa’s Darren Bent — The Guardian
- Steven Gerrard says that other teams will be waiting to see if Man United ‘wobble’ — Sky Sports
- Nathan Redmond tells Birmingham he wants a move to Goodison — The Mirror
- Crystal Palace have agreed a fee for Peterborough striker Dwight Gayle — Sky Sports
- Newcastle set to bid €29m for St Etienne pair Aubameyang & Zouma — 101GG
- The new Scottish Professional Football League has been ratified by Scotland’s 42 senior clubs — Sky Sports
- Administrators complete sale of Coventry to Otium Entertainment Group — Sky Sports
- Bournemouth sign Ireland full-back Ian Harte — Sky Sports
- Spain to sell collective TV rights for Liga clubs — ESPN FC
- Isco adds layer of intrigue to an already difficult challenge for Carlo Ancelotti — SB Nation
- Agent plays down Marquinhos Barcelona link — Sky Sports
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.