Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan is trying to force through a move to Liverpool after he was spotted in a London hotel today.
The £23million-rated Mkhitaryan is supposed to be in Austria with Shakhtar Donestk during their pre-season training. The team have threatened to fine Mkhitaryan for missing training. However, Shakhtar reportedly only own part of his rights, thus making the transfer a very complicated process.
Now that Mkhitaryan was spotted in a London hotel this morning, and it is definitely him according to a Liverpool supporter who snapped the photo and saw him flash his Armenian passport, the ball is in Liverpool’s court to see if they can close the deal.
Mkhitaryan scored a Ukrainian league record 25 goals last season.
Have you seen Mkhitaryan play? Would he be a good fit at Liverpool, and is he worth the £23million price tag? Share your opinion in the comments section below.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Liverpool target Henrikh Mkhitaryan is spotted in a London hotel on Wednesday — 101GG
- Fulham’s Dimitar Berbatov boost as agent says striker will see out deal — Evening Standard
- Man United offer Cristiano Ronaldo €50m signing fee if he doesn’t renew at Real Madrid — 101GG
- Pepe Reina is back on Arsene Wenger’s radar as Liverpool buy Simon Mignolet — Evening Standard
- Barcelona have all but given up on keeping Manchester United target Thiago Alcantara — 101GG
- Kevin Horlock’s 10-year tribute to Marc-Vivien Foe — Manchester Evening News
- Crystal Palace eye Jerome Thomas as first summer signing — Evening Standard
- The agent of Gabriel Tamas insists the defender intends to stay with West Brom — Sky Sports
- Fans protest at Premier League HQ – MUST CEO in talks with PL CEO Richard Scudamore — MUST
- Swansea City in loan bid for Udinese’s Matej Vydra — This Is South Wales
- Chelsea dealt blow in move for Marco van Ginkel — Evening Standard
- Southampton U21 star Jordan Turnbull signs new deal — Premier League
- Juan Mata happy to stay at Chelsea despite ‘interest’ from Real Madrid — The Independent
- Aston Villa complete first phase of Hawk-Eye goalline technology in B6 — Aston Villa
- Inter Milan yet to move for Manchester City’s Micah Richards — Sky Sports
- Arsenal joined by Roma in battle for Gilbert Imbula — Evening Standard
- Video: Liverpool’s plan for £260m Anfield regeneration — BBC Sport
- Swansea fail to agree terms with Dwight Tiendalli — Sky Sports
- Agenda behind The Sun’s attack on police failures (including Hillsborough) — The Guardian
- Make ex-Manchester United coach Rene Meulensteen England U21 boss — The Mail
- Canada announces Gold Cup roster — FOX Soccer News
- Brighton and Hove Albion set to name Oscar Garcia as Gus Poyet’s successor — The Independent
- Goalkeeper Luke Steele has agreed a new two-year deal at Barnsley — Sky Sports
- Why Millwall said no to QuickQuid — The Guardian
- Nottingham Forest announce Adidas kit deal — Football Shirt Culture
- Athletic Bilbao sign Beñat Etxebarria — Athletic Bilbao
- Lionel Messi reported to have paid additional €10m to Spanish taxman — The Guardian
- Why Real Madrid want to sign Tottenham target Paulinho — The Independent
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.