Gus Poyet Finds Out He’s Been Sacked By Brighton On Live TV: Nightly Soccer Report
You’ve got to feel sorry for Gus Poyet. The former Tottenham Hotspur star found out on live television that he had been sacked tonight as manager of Brighton and Hove Albion.
While Poyet was working for the BBC tonight analyzing games from the Confederations Cup, Brighton published a story on its website saying that Poyet had been informed that he had been sacked as manager. According to Poyet, he had received no phone calls, texts or any other form of communication to tell him he had been sacked. Instead, one of the workers at the BBC printed off the statement from the Brighton website and gave it to Poyet.
Here’s video footage of how it unfolded and what Poyet says his next steps will be:
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
- Gus Poyet finds out he’s been sacked by Brighton on live TV — Dirty Tackle
- Liverpool have confirmed the signing of striker Iago Aspas from Celta Vigo — Sky Sports
- Edinson Cavani’s £53m release clause ‘runs out on August 10th’ — The Mirror
- U20 World Cup: England somehow throw a two goal lead to draw 2-2 with Iraq — 101GG
- I supported Brazil’s World Cup bid, but even I am against it now | Romario — The Guardian
- Luis Suarez became Uruguay’s all-time leading scorer on Sunday night — The Mail
- Tahiti players hold ‘thank you, Brazil’ banner after their final Confederations Cup match — Dirty Tackle
- Fernando Torres strikes again as world champions to face Italy in semi-finals — The Mail
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.