How the Premier League and Football League Fixtures Are Compiled: Daily Soccer Report
On Wednesday, the 2013-14 Premier League fixture list will be released. Soccer fans around the world will be scouring through the schedules to see who they play on opening day, as well as when the derbies are scheduled and when they’ll play some of the top teams in the league. But few people realize the complexity of compiling the fixtures and trying to balance it where it’s as fair as it can be while taking into consideration a long list of requirements from the different organizations such as police.
To illustrate how the fixtures are put together and what the process is, read the excellent article in The Guardian today which shines more light on how it’s done.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- How the Premier League and Football League fixtures are compiled — The Guardian
- Why Norwich’s finances make them the best value for money in Premier League — Evening News
- Juan Mata ignoring Chelsea exit reports — The Guardian
- Shady business causes Spanish FA to block Liverpool transfer for now — Pro Soccer Talk
- Liverpool are close to securing a deal to sign goalkeeper Simon Mignolet from Sunderland — BBC Sport
- 30 classic Liverpool FC Panini stickers — Liverpool FC
- Swansea City boss Michael Laudrup insists he is not talking to PSG — This Is South Wales
- FIFA Confederations Cup on CBC / Sportsnet World — Canadian Sports Fan
- Italy facing pair of injury concerns before Confederations Cup — Pro Soccer Talk
- Lionel Messi overtakes Diego Maradona to become third-highest goal scorer for Argentina — Independent
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.