José Mourinho Damaged Spanish Football, Says Andrés Iniesta: Daily Soccer Report
Spain and Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta shared his disgust for Jose Mourinho and his brand of football during an interview today with El Pais newspaper.
Here’s what he’s quoted as saying:
“You just have to look at the facts. Yes he damaged Spanish football, in general more harm than good. But I don’t like talking about that person at all. So if you don’t mind, we’ll leave it at that.”
In Mourinho’s psyche, he’ll probably see Iniesta’s quote as a victory in that he was able to get under the skin of one of the Barcelona legends.
What do you think? Did Mourinho do more harm than good to Spanish football while he was manager at Real Madrid? Or are Iniesta’s words just down to the rivalry between Real Madrid and Barcelona? Have your say in the comments section below.
- José Mourinho damaged Spanish football, says Andrés Iniesta — The Guardian
- Liverpool offer €8m for Luis Alberto, Sevilla holding out for €9.5m with personal terms agreed — 101GG
- Tottenham want to sign Brazilian wonderkid Bernard — The Mail
- Thiago Silva would welcome the arrival of Wayne Rooney at Paris Saint-Germain — Sky Sports
- 20 iconic LFC programme covers — Liverpool FC
- Mourinho open to offers for Chelsea’s Juan Mata plus Luiz & Torres [Sunday Times] — 101GG
- Aston Villa’s Alan Hutton would welcome the opportunity to return to Spain — Sky Sports
- Goodison Park will be home to one of the best pitches in the country from next season — Everton
- Project Phoenix: Haiti’s hope for a national stadium — FOX Soccer
- Stuart Pearce’s future as England Under-21 manager is in doubt — Sky Sports
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.