SUN, 11AM ET
ARS0
GAL0
WED, 2:45PM ET
BAS0
LFC0

No Decision Made Yet Regarding FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go

fox soccer plus logo1 No Decision Made Yet Regarding FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go

No final decision has been made yet regarding the future of FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go.

While we know that FOX Soccer will morph into FXX later this Summer or early Fall, and FOX Sports 1 will broadcast matches from the UEFA Champions League, Europa League, FA Cup and other soccer rights including Sky Sports News beginning August 17, the future of FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go is still up in the air.

According to a FOX Sports spokesperson, “We’re still assessing our options as it relates to the future of FOX Soccer Plus and FOXSoccer2Go.”

FOX has several options to consider regarding FOX Soccer Plus. The channel has numerous sports properties other than soccer including rugby league, rugby union, and the Australian Football League. Plus, with soccer, it has SPL, A-League and much more.

The same applies to FOX Soccer 2Go. It could morph into FOX Sports GO, the new mobile app scheduled for launch this summer. Or FOX Soccer 2Go could continue as a stand-alone product.

What’s your opinion regarding what FOX should do with FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go? If they continued carrying the channels, would you subscribe? Or do you think it’s better for FOX to phase out those products? Tell us what you think in the comments section below.

This entry was posted in FOX Soccer, FOX Soccer Plus, FOXSoccer2Go, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to No Decision Made Yet Regarding FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go

1. Chris says:

Well, to be honest. I think they should leave foxsoccer2Go as it is. Have you pay to have the service and show evrything as it did. I would buy it again. Leaving that open to football and using it as a service where you pay would stil allow everybody and those who can not get Fox Sports GO with something. Thats just my opinion. I had no real problems with Foxsocer2Go whenI had it. The only reason I stopped with it was because I decided to go to Dish and watch football. So I had no use for it anymore.

2. Sean says:

I bet a lot of that Fox Soccer Plus stuff ends up on Fox Sports 2. I still have no idea how Fox has enough sports to fill up 2 new channels, but that could be an option to fill up air-time.

3. As much as I love rugby (especially the NRL), I wouldn’t pay for Fox Soccer Plus beyond August. Now if they added more live rugby and charged the fee, I would pay it. But the current 2-3 live games plus another 2-3 delayed broadcasts doesn’t do it for me.

• Matt says:

Agreed. I bought 2GO for EPL, but I’ve really gotten into the rugby. I would pay to keep it, though maybe not as much as when they had EPL.

4. Justin Davis says:

I personally cancelled Fox Soccer Plus the day after the Premier League season. The additional $15/mo (Directv) was not worth it. I expect that their content will be shown on one of the new Fox Sports X tiers.

5. Ivan says:

I am a Directv customer and I cancelled my subscription to Fox Soccer Plus on Monday. Now that they have lost the Premier League rights, to charge $15/month for this channel is laughable.

6. Huw Roma says:

Why don’t they add the FSC+ content to FSC before it disappears? Right now it’s showing how pathetic it is, with constant repeats of Champions and Europa League games nobody cares about.

7. San Franciscan says:

I don’t know how ppl pay for foxsoccer2go. Got a say, been subscribed for a year and didnt pay a single penny.

8. Jason W says:

This should be a no-brainer. There is enough remaining content on FS+ to spread onto FS1 and 2, plus it doesn’t make much sense to maintain two online platforms.

However, I would like to know how Eredivisie would be handled since News Corp has the global rights.

For some reason, I still think GolTV will be purchased so the Fox Deportes football lineup would be fortified and the Bundesliga would slide into the weekend mornings on FS1/2.

9. Yespage says:

They’d have to slash the price to $5 a month or $50 a year. The content available simply can’t support it’s current price by a long shot. If the price was discounted enough, I’d consider it.

10. USArsenalfan says:

Seems like this is the place they should put Sky Sports News (live instead of on one hour delay) on a consistent basis when they are not broadcasting live sports. I’d continue to pay for that as long as it was live, and in HD.

11. Sammy says:

It makes no sense to keep Fox Soccer Plus or foxsoccer2go as they don’t have the content anymore. If Fox had acquired another European league, say German Bundesliga or Serie A or even Dutch Eredevisie then it would have made sense.

12. Matthew Carpenter says:

I have both FoxSoccer2Go and FSP. Now that Fox has lost the EPL and Serie A I’m not persuaded that I want/need them. I am going to wait until Oct/Nov and see how it goes with their coverage and offerings. I may well end up canceling unless they can secure rights to La Liga or the Bundesliga.

13. Jason says:

EPL is the reason I subscribed to FoxSOCCER(not rugby)2go. Unless they add the English Championship, League 1 or 2, or some other major European League, I see nothing to continue my subscription for, especially not at the current rate.

• hanoverboxer says:

I’ve heard that their downloadable app for watching on android devices is awful too. For what they are charging for the content they have now, there shouldn’t be any streaming quality issues whatsoever.