Wayne Rooney Says United Will Get Best Out Of Him As A Striker: The Daily EPL
Manchester United footballer Wayne Rooney has said that the club will get the best out of him in the future as a centre-forward.
Rooney’s position on the pitch has slowly drifted into a midfield role, but he’s been featured less and less as a true number nine on the pitch, and has played a number 10 role for Sir Alex Ferguson.
But with Moyes in charge, Rooney has an opportunity to press his influence to try to see if he can play up front more often, alongside Robin van Persie.
Here’s what he said to Four Four Magazine in an interview:
“In the years to come, that might be somewhere I could play, but, right now, I’m definitely a centre-forward. I’m after more goals.
“I’ve played up front on my own a few times for Manchester United and it’s a role I’m very comfortable with and have no problems playing.
“When you play as a target man, you have to stay up front and help the team out by holding the ball up and waiting for support. That all comes with experience.
“It’s a good role for me to play, and hopefully I can continue doing well there.”
What do you think? Is Rooney better in midfield or as a centre-forward? Let us know where you think he should play by posting a comment below.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Wayne Rooney says that Man Utd will get the best out of him in the future as a striker — Sky Sports
- Titus Bramble tells Sunderland manager Paolo Di Canio he ‘has a lot to learn’ — The Independent
- I’ll improve Chelsea through hard work, not spending millions, says Jose Mourinho — Standard
- Robin van Persie accuses Arsenal of ‘playing games’ over transfer to Manchester United — Independent
- Spurs keen on former Birmingham striker Christian Benitez — The Mail
- Cause of death in Hillsborough disaster will be determined by jury — Telegraph
- Craig Bellamy set to retire from international duty with Wales — The Independent
- Swansea City miss out on Brazil target Leo Baptistao — This Is South Wales
- Javier Hernandez’s agent confirms Chicharito will stay at Man United this summer — 101GG
- Hull set to sign Maynor Figueroa — The Daily Star
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.