Andy Carroll is reportedly holding up a permanent transfer from Liverpool to West Ham because the striker wants a pay-rise to £100,000 per week.
If that’s true, who does Carroll think he is? He’s certainly not worth that type of money even though he can be a game changer for a team such as West Ham United. Carroll needs the Hammers just as much as the club needs him. If the story is true, then it sounds like the agent is the one that’s trying to stall and trying to earn a higher wage for his client.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Liverpool’s Andy Carroll wants pay-rise to £100,000-a-week to sign for West Ham — The Mirror
- Laurent Koscielny hints at Arsenal departure as trophy wait goes on — Pro Soccer Talk
- David Dein says Arsene Wenger is the right man to deliver success at Arsenal — Sky Sports
- Crystal Palace want to sign Ludovic Sylvestre — The Mail
- José Mourinho’s first job at Chelsea will be getting Romelu Lukaku to stay — The Guardian
- Manchester United are stepping up their interest in Leighton Baines — The Mail
- Wigan stars free to follow Roberto Martinez trail says Dave Whelan — Evening Standard
- Arsenal finish top of Fair Play League; Club awarded £30,000 — Arsenal FC
- West Brom to move for PSV hotshot Ola Toivonen — The Mail
- Steve Bruce targeted by Dave Whelan for surprise return to Wigan — The Telegraph
- Sunderland players Stephane Sessegnon and Phil Bardsley houses burgled while on holiday — Mail
- Liverpool arrange friendly against Celtic in Ireland — The Independent
- Chelsea season-ticket renewals surge after Jose Mourinho appointed — The Mail
- 2013 UEFA EURO under-21 Championship on TSN in Canada — Canadian Sports Fan
- Leicester City reject Hull City’s £1.75m offer for Kasper Schmeichel — The Mail
- John Terry to seek talks with Jose Mourinho as Monaco offer £7.8m tax-free salary — Telegraph
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.