Nike only just unveiled the new England home shirt less than two weeks ago, but they’re already planning on launching a new England home kit in the Spring for World Cup 2014 if/when England qualify.
In Nike’s defense, they want to issue new shirts on a two year cycle (World Cup 2014, Euro 2016, etc). And because they just took over their contract from Umbro, it doesn’t give them much time to launch a new shirt now and one before the next World Cup.
Hopefully Nike and The FA will take their time and produce a better home kit next time. In addition to a new home shirt, England will also launch a new away kit in the Spring next year.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Nike will bring out three new England kits in less than a year — The Mail
- Rene Meulensteen has denied stepping down or being sacked at Man United — Sky Sports
- Wembley looking good to host Euro 2020 final, says FA chairman — The Guardian
- Michael Laudrup tax battle with Ajax won’t stop Swansea’s summer tour despite legal threat — Mail
- Mourinho becomes best paid manager in the Premier League — The Independent
- England coach Dave Watson may join Joe Hart at Manchester City — The Guardian
- Michu on Arsenal’s summer transfer target list as Arsene Wenger eyes move for striker — Mail
- Chelsea youngster Jeffrey Bruma has expressed his desire to join PSV Eindhoven — Sky Sports
- talkSPORTs Adrian Durham was mugged at knifepoint in Rio after England’s friendly — Mail
- Liverpool target £22m Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Shakhtar Donetsk — The Guardian
- Paul Lake has announced he will part company with Manchester City — The Mail
- Jack Butland says Serbian abuse of England Under-21′s ‘made us stronger’ — The Guardian
- Joe Hart hits back at England’s critics like Gary Lineker ‘tweeting from their sofas’ — Telegraph
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.