Spanish striker David Villa has a pre-contract agreement with Arsenal, claims a report by a Spanish journalist.
Report Axel Torres says:
“I’ve been told he’s showed a pre-contract with Arsenal to the board of Barcelona.
“He’s showed he had an agreement with Arsenal, but it’s not the final agreement – He doesn’t want to be a Barcelona player.”
While a pre-contract is certainly a good indication that Villa may join Arsenal this summer, it’s no guarantee. Other clubs can still come in for the striker. Or Arsenal can choose not to finalize the contract.
What do you think? Would David Villa be a good fit for the Gunners, or is the Barcelona striker past his prime? Can you envision Arsenal stalling on the contract, and another club coming in to sign him from underneath Arsenal’s grasp? Share your opinion in the comments section below.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- David Villa has a pre-contract agreement with Arsenal – claims Spanish journalist — Soccerlens
- BT Sport to reunite Danny Baker and Danny Kelly for football show — The Guardian
- Arsène Wenger hints at shock moves for Wayne Rooney and Cesc Fabregas — The Telegraph
- FA clears West Ham and Millwall after investigating discrimatory behavior — Sky Sports
- FA confirms that no further action will be taken against West Ham for Spurs incident — WHUFC
- Betting is suspended on potential Manchester United signing midfielder Kevin Strootman — 101GG
- Testimonial for Rio Ferdinand will take place on 9 August — Sky Sports
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.