Daniel Sturridge Could Face Four Months On Sidelines After England Injury: The Nightly EPL
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge could be out of action for four months due to an injury he picked up for England against Ireland on Wednesday.
The worst-case scenario is that Sturridge’s ankle injury could keep him out until the end of September, which will severely impact Liverpool’s strikeforce since Luis Suarez is out suspended until that time.
Liverpool have not yet determined how long Sturridge will be out of action, but the scans do reveal ankle ligament damage. At best, he’ll miss the opening of the new season.
Should Liverpool go out and buy a new striker to boost their start to next season while Sturridge and Suarez are out, or should the Reds try to paper over the cracks with Fabio Borini and a possible loan signing? Share your advice in the comments section below.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Daniel Sturridge facing four months on sidelines — The Independent
- West Ham will sign Real Betis goalkeeper Adrian on Monday — The Mail
- Ralf Rangnick distances himself from Everton speculation — ToffeeWeb
- Manuel Pellegrini will not have a long reign at Manchester City – Martin Samuel — The Mail
- Jose Mourinho flies into London to seal Chelsea deal — The Telegraph
- Draw with Brazil is England’s ‘coming of age’, says Hodgson — The Guardian
- Alfredo Di Stefano ‘being held prisoner by family’ claims 36-year-old fiancée — The Telegraph
- Manchester United legends v Real Madrid legends: in pictures — The Telegraph
- FA chief David Bernstein wants more English players in Premier League — The Mail
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.