Oops! Talk about embarrassing. The Premier League leaked the news today by accident that Jose Mourinho will officially be named manager of Chelsea Football Club on Monday.
It’s not unusual for articles to be pre-written in order to be moved live when the news is officially announced. But in this particular case, someone at the Premier League clicked the publish button before Chelsea have had an opportunity to announce the news.
It’s not as if Jose Mourinho rejoining Chelsea is a secret, or anything.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Jose Mourinho makes Chelsea return, leaks Premier League website — Premier League
- Real Madrid will bid world record fee of £85m for Gareth Bale says Sunday Times — 101GG
- Danny Welbeck will not be able to play against Brazil on Sunday — Sky Sports
- VIDEO: A tour of the new Maracana — BBC Sport
- Neville Southall says if Martinez becomes Everton manager, club lacks ambition — ToffeeWeb
- Ref pauses game as late arrival Jose Mourinho is bombarded by photographers — 101GG
- Michael Laudrup’s agent insists the Dane has no intention of quitting his post — Sky Sports
- Stuart Pearce and England face tough job at Uefa Under-21 Championship — The Guardian
- Manuel Pellegrini has confirmed that he is set to begin talks with Manchester City — Sky Sports
- Tottenham Hotspur will tell Gareth Bale he is not for sale to Real Madrid at any price — Telegraph
- Roy Hodgson launches stats attack before England take Brazil test — The Guardian
- Laudrup abandons trip to see Swansea City youth team play in Holland over tax dispute — The Mirror
- Luis Suarez move to Real Madrid or Atletico Madrid may depend on Edison Cavani — The Mail
- Brendan Rodgers prepares £6.5m bid for keeper Simon Mignolet — The Mirror
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.