Aston Villa have agreed a £2.5million deal with Lech Poznan to sign Bulgarian winger Aleksandar Tonev.
The 23-year-old winger, who has played 11 times for his country, is expected to finalize the transfer this weekend. According to The Sun newspaper, sources close to Tonev say the lure of the Premier League swung the deal for Villa ahead of a host of top European clubs.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Lech Poznan have accepted a £2.5m bid from Aston Villa for winger Aleksandar Tonev — The Sun
- Phil Neville in line to replace Gus Poyet at Brighton — The Telegraph
- Julio Cesar says he had a “wonderful year” despite QPR’s relegation — Pro Soccer Talk
- Man United to rip up pitch and adopt part-synthetic playing surface at Old Trafford — Telegraph
- Cardiff City go back to black with colour change after criticism following kit launch — The Mail
- Michael Laudrup has been summoned to court over a £3m tax battle with Ajax — The Sun
- West Brom insist Yacob signing was above board as unlicensed agent accusation — The Mail
- Liverpool insist Luis Suarez will have to ask to leave Anfield — The Telegraph
- Roy Hodgson England fears still haven’t left us — The Mail
- Munich and Berlin have put forward bids to host games at Euro 2020 — Sky Sports
- Maarten Stekelenburg is due in London next week to finalise a move to Fulham — Evening Standard
- Dave Whelan says Wigan has received over 50 applications for their manager post — Sky Sports
- Radamel Falcao completes £51m transfer to Monaco — The Independent
- Everton to pick manager next week— The Guardian
- Tickets sold out for Barclays Asia Trophy finals day — Premier League
- Andras Stieber has penned a new deal at Aston Villa — Sky Sports
- Danny Welbeck sat out the main part of England training on Friday night — Evening Standard
- Yossi Benayoun has made a move to the MLS his preferred choice — Sky Sports
- Official instrument of 2014 World Cup banned from 2013 Confederations Cup — Dirty Tackle
- David Bernstein defends FA youth policy after Rio Ferdinand tweet — The Guardian
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.