Luis Suarez Offered Real Madrid Contract Worth £140k-a-Week: The Nightly EPL
The likelihood that Luis Suarez will leave Liverpool this summer for Real Madrid or another club has increased in the past 24 hours with the Uruguayan star admitting on radio that it would be hard to pass up an opportunity to move to Real Madrid if they came calling.
Plus, before Uruguay’s friendly against France, Suarez said, “It’s a good moment for a change of environment.”
While some of the speculation is transfer gossip from the British and Spanish tabloids, the reality is that Suarez is saying all the right things if he wants to try to engineer a move out of England, and away from the British press for the “unfair coverage” of the many incidents involving him where he feels victimized.
Liverpool, while the club will want to hold on to him, are a club that can’t pass up an offer of £40million for the player. Or, if Real Madrid offered Liverpool £20million plus their Spain under-21 forward Jose Callejon, it’s an offer they would certainly consider. But the biggest factor in all of this is Suarez. If the striker is saying it’d be hard to snub a move from Real Madrid, then expect Real Madrid to put an offer in for him, especially since the footballer is a rare talent.
What do you think? Will Suarez leave Liverpool for Real Madrid this summer? And what could Liverpool do with the money they would get for Suarez? Who should they buy? Or should the Reds hold on to the player with everything they have? Tell us what you think in the comments below.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Liverpool’s Luis Suarez offered Real Madrid contract worth £140,000-a-week — The Mirror
- Manuel Pellegrini to be given £15m boost with reduced Man City wage bill at the Etihad — Telegraph
- Manuel Pellegrini could raid La Liga for nearly £90m to add foreign stars to Man City — The Mail
- Roberto Martínez set for second interview for Everton manager’s job — The Guardian
- Everton hold talks with German coach Ralf Rangnick — The Mail
- Sunderland agree deal with Lazio to sign Modibo Diakité — The Guardian
- Kia Joorbachian refuses to take blame for QPR signings – except Julio Cesar — The Independent
- Peter Hill-Wood considering stepping down as Arsenal chairman — The Telegraph
- England match latest in long line of problems for Brazil ahead of World Cup — The Guardian
- Manchester City to offer Gareth Barry spot with New York City FC — Pro Soccer Talk
- Tottenham Hotspur linked to Roma attacking midfielder Miralem Pjanic — Cartilage Free Captain
- Ron Davies obituary — The Guardian
- Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard eyes 100 caps for England — The Independent
- Same old story for England as Roy Hodgson is caught in the blame game — The Guardian
- Steve Round is to take a senior coaching position under David Moyes — The Telegraph
- FIFA are hopeful that England’s friendly against Brazil on Sunday will go ahead — Sky Sports
- FA confident that Maracana Stadium will be fit for England friendly with Brazil — The Independent
- Galatasaray have opened talks with Manchester United over Nani — 101GG
- Roy Hodgson resists call for England tactical change before Brazil test — The Guardian
- FSG blasts request to turn over Liverpool-related documents — SBJ
- Liverpool fear injury will cut into Daniel Sturridge’s pre-season training — The Guardian
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.