Jose Mourinho Has Sealed a Spectacular £40 Million Four-Year Deal at Chelsea: The Nightly EPL
Lots of news out of England today on a busy day with international friendlies-a-go-go being played around the world. The lead story tonight is that The Sun newspaper is reporting that Jose Mourinho has signed a four-year deal with Chelsea adding up to a cool £40 million salary for The Special One.
There’s no official word from Chelsea yet, but while The Sun newspaper is despised for numerous reasons, they’re often on the ball when it comes to breaking transfer and managerial changes.
While Mourinho to Chelsea is no secret, let’s see how long it’ll be before the deal is officially announced.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Jose Mourinho has sealed a spectacular £40million four-year deal at Chelsea — The Sun
- Manchester City have verbal agreement with me, says Manuel Pellegrini — The Guardian
- Gary Lineker: Roy Hodgson has taken England into the dark ages — The Independent
- Roy Hodgson defends himself against Gary Lineker’s claim — The Independent
- Luis Suarez says he would find it hard to turn down a move to Real Madrid — Evening Standard
- Daniel Sturridge will miss England’s friendly against Brazil after picking up an injury — Sky Sports
- Everton open talks with Roberto Martínez but others are on ‘the list’ — The Guardian
- Aston Villa want to buy Aleksandar Tonev and Charlie Austin and sell Darren Bent — The Mail
- Norwich turn down bid for Grant Holt from Australian side Melbourne Heart — The Guardian
- Manchester City revenge is suite as new London base dwarfs Manchester United’s — The Mail
- Michael Laudrup set for crucial Swansea City talks — This Is South Wales
- Manchester City staff slam club over withdrawing free season tickets — The Mail
- Gus Johnson gets more unkind reviews after UEFA Final; Will he ever be accepted? — SBJ
- England 1 Ireland 1: Wembley silenced as England scrape unconvincing draw — Evening Standard
- Swansea want Diego Capel of Sporting Lisbon and Wigan’s Arouna Kone — The Mail
- Spurs aware Real, PSG, Man United, Man City and Chelsea all willing to sign Bale — The Sun
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.