Fernando Torres Says Rafael Benitez Made Chelsea A Better Team: The Nightly EPL
Back from my mini-vacation to central Florida, normal service will resume tomorrow. But first things first, one of the most interesting headlines from today’s stories is that Fernando Torres says that Rafael Benitez made Chelsea a better team this season.
Benitez has managed his last Chelsea match in charge for the club, and looks set to be headed to Napoli. But Torres’s statement carries a lot of weight. Chelsea finished the season in far greater fashion than when they started it earlier this season. Many Chelsea fans may disagree, but Benitez seemed to get more out of this Chelsea side, playing them.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Fernando Torres says interim manager Rafael Benitez made Chelsea a better team — Telegraph
- Tom Cleverley pulls out of the England squad for the games against Ireland and Brazil — BBC Sport
- Richard Dunne in line for shock call up against England, despite not playing for a year — The Mail
- Watford’s Troy Deeney hopes season that began in jail can end in joy — The Guardian
- Jupp Heynckes hints striker Robert Lewandowski is close to signing with Bayern Munich — 101GG
- Ian Holloway fears sack could be reward even if Crystal Palace win £135m game — The Independent
- Radamel Falcao inching toward Monaco move, to undergo physical on Monday — Pro Soccer Talk
- The 2012/13 UEFA Champions League by numbers — UEFA.com
- Frank Lampard will captain England against Brazil — The Mail
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.