In the 365 days a year/24 hours a day soccer business, there’s never a good time to take a vacation. But sometimes you have to go. But even when you go, it’s hard to keep yourself away from the games. So while walking around Legoland Florida with my wife and kids, today, and enjoying a great relaxing day, I had my iPhone tuned in to the BBC World Service commentary (thanks to the tips from the EPL Talk readers), and was reading the EPL Talk comment threads throughout the afternoon to stay updated on what I was missing.
Not only did I miss one of the most entertaining Champions League Finals in years, but I was also away as Everton officially revealed their new club crest (a story that we told you about over a month ago), but two Premier League clubs have announced they’re competing in a major summer soccer competition on US soil (one that will covered by FOX Soccer).
Everton and Chelsea are heading back to the United States on summer tours. Both teams will play in the International Champions Cup with most (if not all the matches) being played on US soil against teams that may include AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus, Real Madrid, Benfica and LA Galaxy.
Details are sketchy so far but it appears that games involving the clubs will be played across the United States in cities such as Indianpolis, Los Angeles, Phoenix, New York and San Francisco, with the finals to be played in Miami. The games will take place between July 27 and August 7.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Chelsea to play in Stateside tournament — Chelsea FC
- Everton to head Stateside — Everton FC
- Everton has introduced the next evolution of its Club Crest today — Everton FC
- Manchester City’s Sergio Agüero agrees deal to stay until 2017 — The Guardian
- Manchester City beat Chelsea again, 5-3 at Yankee Stadium in Rafa Benitez’s final game — 101GG
- Liverpool are leading the race to sign Porto winger Christian Atsu — Sky Sports
- About 150,000 descend on Wembley for Champions League final — The Independent
- The Champions League final in pictures — Counter Attack
- Vinnie Jones invites Christian Slater & Sylvester Stallone to his home to watch his Watford — Star
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.