Chelsea and England footballers Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole and Gary Cahill will miss this Saturday’s exhibition game between Chelsea and Manchester City at Yankee Stadium in order to return to London to meet up with the England squad for their upcoming friendlies against Ireland and Brazil.
However, Lampard, Cole and Cahill will be available for Thursday’s match in St Louis between Chelsea and Manchester City.
The trio will train today and are expected to be involved in tomorrow’s match in St Louis before flying back to England on Friday to meet up with the England national team under manager Roy Hodgson.
Last weekend, England manager Roy Hodgson criticized Chelsea, Manchester City and Spurs for their post-season tours that would impact England’s friendlies.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Chelsea’s three England players to leave United States tour early — The Guardian
- Fulham have signed defender Fernando Amorebieta on a free transfer — Fulham FC
- FC Porto manager Vitor Pereira has pre-agreement with Everton — A Bola.PT
- Sami Khedira tops Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea wish-list — Evening Standard
- Phil Neville ‘flattered’ to be linked with Everton job — The Independent
- Andy Carroll injury keeps him out for up to four months — The Mail
- West Brom have released winger Jerome Thomas and defender Gonzalo Jara Reyes — Sky Sports
- Adel Taarabt fined £60k by QPR for refusing to be weighed & turning up late for training — The Mail
- Malky Mackay has played down talk linking him with the vacancy at Everton — Sky Sports
- Dwight Tiendalli offered new Swansea City deal and wins first Holland call-up — This Is South Wales
- QPR goalkeeper Rob Green insists he wants to stay at the club — Sky Sports
- Carlton Cole will leave West Ham in the summer after contract not renewed — The Independent
- Leon Britton says he will travel to Germany next month for a double hernia operation — Sky Sports
- Stoke line up Gus Poyet, Rafa Benitez and Roberto Di Matteo to replace Tony Pulis — The Mail
- Razvan Rat has mental strength to succeed at West Ham, says Sam Allardyce — Evening Standard
- Sir Alex Ferguson’s autobiography to be published in October — The Telegraph
- Huw Jenkins: ‘Swansea City do not need to sell best players’ — This Is South Wales
- Malaga have been given the go-ahead to compete in next season’s Europa League— Sky Sports
- Brendan Rodgers insists that striker Luis Suarez will not be sold — The Telegraph
- Van Persie retains Barclays Golden Boot Award for 2nd year in row — Premier League
- Manuel Pellegrini has confirmed that he will be leaving Malaga at the end of the season — Sky Sports
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.