Powered by
JUL 12 4PM ET
bra0
ned3
JUL 13 3PM ET
arg0
ger1

nbc spot epl NBCs New Ad For Its EPL Coverage: Forget Downton Abbey, This Is Real English Drama [VIDEO]

NBC debuted a brand-new 30-second spot this past weekend to promote its coverage of the English Premier League that kicks off August 17, 2013.

For those of you who know me, you’ll know that I don’t swear very often. But this video is f***ing brilliant!

“Forget Downton Abbey, this is real English drama” teases the video, which perfectly sums up the real-life drama both on and off the pitch in the Premier League. The spot is brilliantly backed by the classic El Nessum Dorma song that still gives me goosebumps now, 23 years after I first heard Luciano Pavarotti sing it during the 1990 World Cup.

A few weeks ago NBC’s first spot for its Premier League coverage featured the song Vindaloo by Fat Les. What can we expect to hear in the next promo? New Order’s World In Motion? Now that would be a dream come true!

What do you think of NBC’s new spot to promote its coverage of the Premier League? Let us know in the comments section below.

And for all of the details about NBC’s Premier League coverage, read everything you need to know about NBC’s coverage plans.

This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, NBC. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to NBC’s New Ad For Its EPL Coverage: Forget Downton Abbey, This Is Real English Drama [VIDEO]

1. Eddymc2 says:

Everything looks 7 times better when set to “Nessun Dorma” :)

2. Mufc77 says:

It’s alright I guess. It’s hard hearing that music and not thinking of Italia 90 and the great highlight clips that have been produced.

3. Smokey Bacon says:

NBC must have some ex BBC on the staff as that was the theme to Italia 90. Very good though. Loved the Sky Sports montage. That really hit the spot. Sky should leave it up there as its a great ad for their product.

4. MrTuktoyaktuk says:

NBC’s promotional spots for MLS has also been superior quality. The level of resources they have available shows itself in things like that. I just hope the ad campaigns to build awareness in the broader sporting audience is more expansive than what’s been done with the MLS, and I expect it will be.

5. John says:

Not a fan of this commercial at all. I do like the new Foxsports1 commercial that they’ve been playing on foxsoccer though.

6. Matt says:

Got a sighting during the Red Wings-Blackhawks match tonight. I eagerly anticipate what they do with their coverage in August. Let’s hope NBC won’t be catering to the lowest common denominator of casual fans.

7. Marc says:

Don’t want to waste my summer away, but I can’t wait until the next season.

8. christian says:

Not gonna lie…I teared up a little watching that. Next season can’t start soon enough.