Liverpool are understood to be lining up a move for Manchester City defender Kolo Toure, who is currently in New York City after arriving for the club’s US post-season tour.
Manager Brendan Rodgers is looking for replacements to fill in the gap left by retired centre-back Jamie Carragher. Toure is out of contract at City this summer, and is unlikely to be offered a new deal, so it offers Liverpool a unique opportunity to step in for an experienced 32-year old defender who could provide cover for Liverpool at the back.
What do you think? Should Liverpool offer Kolo Toure a contract? Or, should the Reds be looking at younger targets? And, if so, who? Tell us your opinion in the comments section below.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Liverpool are lining up a move for Manchester City defender Kolo Toure — Sky Sports
- Manchester City will begin United States tour by signing £72 million Nike kit deal — Telegraph
- Chelsea’s Frank Lampard says José Mourinho’s management is second to none — The Guardian
- New Nike deal makes England No2 in world football (but not on the pitch) — Sporting Intelligence
- John Terry to miss Chelsea’s tour of US with ankle injury — Evening Standard
- Arsenal want trophies not just top four next season, says Ivan Gazidis — The Guardian
- Manchester City arrive at the airport to jet off for American tour — The Mail
- QPR boss Harry Redknapp: I may leave unless I can sign players — BBC Sport
- QPR struggling to offload unwanted players, admits Harry Redknapp — The Guardian
- Richard Dunne axed as Aston Villa begin cull of costly fringe men — The Telegraph
- Champions League highlights let UK fans choose from 20 camera angles via iPad app — The Next Web
- Premier League 2012-13 review: Our writers’ best and worst moments — The Guardian
- Anthony Pilkington will miss the Republic of Ireland’s upcoming games — BBC Sport
- Jack Rodwell gets call-up for England friendlies — The Guardian
- Roberto Martinez will make a decision about his future after talks with Whelan — Sky Sports
- Haunted by Hillsborough: a catalogue of inaction and why justice must be done — Sporting Intelligence
- Wigan supporters look on bright side at FA Cup victory parade — The Guardian
- Jose Mourinho to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season — The Mail
- Brighton say sorry to Crystal Palace over excrement in changing rooms — The Guardian
- Manchester United win u21 Premier League final versus Spurs — The Mail
- Gareth Bale’s personal goal of the season competition, 2012/2013 [GIFs] — 101GG
- Ferguson has been named the LMA’s Premier League manager of the year — Sky Sports
- Gonzalo Higuain tops Wenger’s transfer wish list — The Telegraph
- Sunderland players bring in the PFA to fight Paolo Di Canio fines — The Independent
- Liverpool fans who survived the Hillsborough disaster suing police — The Telegraph
- Stoke target Phil Neville as Tony Pulis prepares for crisis talks — The Mail
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.