Manchester United Make Shock Move For Former Arsenal Captain Cesc Fabregas: The Daily EPL
Manchester United are prepared to make a huge signal of intent by signing Barcelona’s Cesc Fabregas as David Moyes’s first new player of the season, according to the Evening Standard newspaper.
United have reportedly been in contact with Barcelona regarding the fee for Fabregas. The Spanish midfielder joined Barcelona two years ago for £35 million, but Barcelona still owe Arsenal £5 million, and want to recoup at least £20 million for the talented former Arsenal captain.
It’s been reported that Arsenal put a clause in Fabregas’s contract when they sold him that the Gunners would have the first option to buy him back.
Manchester United see Fabregas as an ideal option to strengthen their midfield especially given the retirement of Paul Scholes.
What’s your opinion about Fabregas, and whether he would be a good fit at United where he would team up with former Arsenal footballer Robin van Persie? Share your opinions in the comments section below.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Manchester United make shock move for former Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas — Evening Standard
- Martin Jol fears trouble if Fulham don’t spend — Evening Standard
- Rio Ferdinand says he wants to continue at Manchester United — Sky Sports
- Liverpool can challenge top 4 next season with a few new signings, says Brendan Rodgers — Telegraph
- Newcastle boss backtracks after joking he would be happy to lose 4-0 to Arsenal — Evening Standard
- Roberto Martinez backs Wigan’s Callum McManaman for England — Sky Sports
- Stoke players cover Michael Owen’s car in eggs and flour — Pies
- Wayne Rooney urged to remain at Manchester United by Gary Neville — The Independent
- David Moyes will begin work at Manchester United on Monday — The Telegraph
- Kuwaiti investment group acquires MyFootballClub’s Ebbsfleet United — Kent Online
- David Moyes to talk with Wayne Rooney over Manchester United future — The Guardian
- Pellegrini has his work cut out at Man City to avoid the fate of Juande Ramos — Evening Standard
- Liverpool ‘target’ Christian Eriksen holds talks with Borussia Dortmund — The Independent
- Pochettino insists he has no intention of selling his top stars in the summer — Sky Sports
- Martinez insists FA Cup glory will not distract Wigan from Premier League survival — Telegraph
- Manchester United title parade to start at Old Trafford — BBC News
- Chelsea interim manager Rafael Benítez: I’m looking for a new job already — Telegraph
- Sky extends exclusive EPL rights for live rights and internet and mobile rights — Premier League
- BT’s ‘free’ Premier League offer is unlikely to trouble Sky — The Guardian
- Daniel Striani and Uefa’s Financial Fair Play regulations: the new Bosman? — Sporting Intelligence
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.