Bookmakers Slash Odds On David Moyes Becoming Manchester United Assistant Manager: The Daily EPL
Rumors are circling that David Moyes is to spend a season at Old Trafford as Sir Alex Ferguson’s understudy, which has resulted in bookmakers slashing the odds on Moyes replacing the Manchester United manager.
Moyes’s contract expires this summer, and there’s been little sign of a contract renewal.
According to an Irish bookmaker, “Everton’s David Moyes was 7/2 to replace his countryman at the Red Devils, but a flurry of overnight betting on the Toffees boss has seen his odds slashed to 1/2.”
If there’s a grain of truth to the rumors, what do you think about Moyes becoming the new assistant manager at Manchester United? Does Moyes have what it takes to succeed at Old Trafford? Or do you think the rumor is nonsense and that United have eyes on a different manager instead? Let us know in the comments section below.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- David Moyes set to replace Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United — The Mail
- Phil Neville wanted by BBC as Richard Keys and Andy Gray head to Al Jazeera — The Mail
- Wolves sack Dean Saunders following relegation to League One — The Independent
- This is Anfield: Liverpool’s shameful truth – in pictures — The Guardian
- Sunderland will be down to just 12 fit players for final game of the season — The Mail
- Kenny Jackett quits as Millwall manager after six years in charge — The Guardian
- It’s time we took Hull City’s Steve Bruce seriously as a manager — The Telegraph
- ‘Problems’ as Maracana stadium reopens in Rio — BBC News
- John Terry reveals Jose Mourinho is interested in ‘everything that happens’ at Chelsea — Star
- Alan Pardew has admitted that Hatem Ben Arfa is playing through the pain barrier — Sky Sports
- Liverpool will bank a £1m after agreeing to take part in friendly in South Africa — Liverpool Echo
- Gary Neville picks his Premier League team of the season— 101 Great Goals
- Chelsea and Arsenal considering summer move for Wigan’s James McCarthy — The Independent
- Andre Villas Boas Tottenham manager love of bikes and vintage cars — The Mail
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.