Watch out Fergie! Mourinho is back, and he’ll be going on a huge spending spree this summer at Stamford Bridge to bring in some of the biggest names in the sport, according to a story in the Evening Standard.
The players on Mourinho’s shopping list include Robert Lewandowski and Radamel Falcao, as well as several current Real Madrid stars.
This could be one of the most interesting summer transfer windows in quite some time — not the quantity of players bought and sold, but the quality of those that are brought in to strengthen many of the top sides in England.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Chelsea will hand Mourinho the funds to go on a huge spending spree in summer — Evening Standard
- Sir Alex Ferguson: ‘Rafael Benitez is very concerned about his CV’ — The Independent
- Chelsea: Jose Mourinho ‘has not decided to leave Real Madrid’ — BBC Sport
- Manchester United may look to sign ‘one or two’, says Sir Alex Ferguson — The Guardian
- Rafael Benitez wins Manager of the Month award for April — Chelsea FC
- Benoît Assou-Ekotto: ‘What sort of mercenary stays for seven years?’ — The Guardian
- Video: What makes Everton full-back Leighton Baines such an attacking threat — BBC Sport
- QPR boss says he cannot rule out Mark Hughes one day returning to manage club — BBC Sport
- Arsene Wenger has dismissed speculation linking him with Paris Saint-Germain — Sky Sports
- Rafael Benitez gives John Terry no guarantee of starting role in Europa League final — Telegraph
- Robin van Persie wins Player of the Month award for April — Manchester United
- Lukas Podolski backed to lead the attack for Arsenal by Arsene Wenger — The Independent
- Danny Welbeck will miss Sunday’s clash with Chelsea due to injury — The Telegraph
- Tony Pulis lines up a £3 million move for Crystal Palace winger Yannick Bolasie — The Telegraph
- Richard Scudamore wins Sport Business Person of the Year Award — Premier League
- Arsène Wenger hints at staying with Arsenal beyond 2014 — The Guardian
- Arsene Wenger reveals desire to sign new deal if Arsenal ‘do well’ — Evening Standard
- Everton to launch reality TV Show in China — The Mail
- Michel Vorm sees himself at Swansea next season despite being linked with clubs — BBC Sport
- Laudrup has refused to rule out the prospect of trying to bring Scott Sinclair back — Sky Sports
- Scott Sinclair’s future may lie away from Manchester City, admits boss Roberto Mancini — Telegraph
- After a £6.2m move and just three starts, Scott Sinclair could leave Manchester City — Independent
- Sunderland have confirmed that chief scout Bryan ‘Pop’ Robson has left the club — BBC Sport
- BBC room set aside for Stuart Hall to entertain ‘lady friends’ in the afternoon — Daily Express
- Win in Amsterdam & Benitez will deserve some credit, whatever his doubters say — Evening Standard
- Coventry ‘locked out’ of own stadium as they look for somewhere else to play — Telegraph
- Yossi Benayoun will quit Chelsea for ‘somewhere he can express himself more’ — Evening Standard
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.