Gareth Bale Named Player of the Year By Football Writers’ Association: The Daily EPL
Gareth Bale has been named Player of the Year by the Football Writers’ Association, beating Robin van Persie and Juan Mata to the award. It’s Bale’s third award this season after recently winning the PFA Player of the Year and PFA Young Player of the Year awards.
There were also a wide range of votes for the likes of Everton defender Leighton Baines, Pablo Zabaleta of Manchester City, Swansea forward Michu, Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick and Southampton frontman Rickie Lambert,” said a report.
What are your feelings regarding Gareth Bale receiving the award, and whether Robin van Persie or another footballer deserved it instead? Post your opinions in the comments section below.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Gareth Bale has been been named Footballer of the Year by the FWA — Sky Sports
- Wigan could be relegated hours before the play in the FA Cup final — The Mail
- Stuart Hall has admitted indecently assaulting 14 girls, the youngest being aged just nine — Express
- Xabi Alonso could follow Jose Mourinho to Chelsea in ‘cheap’ deal — The Independent
- Liverpool will pay tribute to Everton for support over Hillsborough with Kop mosaic — Mail
- Liverpool’s chief commercial officer outlines the importance of pre-season tours — SportsPro
- Manchester United posted a record third-quarter turnover of £91.7million — The Independent
- Sir Alex Ferguson not concerned at Danny Welbeck’s lack of goals — The Guardian
- The true story of the stranger who told Fergie the title was won — BBC Sport
- Wilfried Bony has confirmed he wants to move to the Premier League again — The Mail
- Brendan Rodgers insists he has the final say over transfers, not club’s panel — Telehgraph
- Setanta Sports retains Saturday Premier League action in Ireland — SportsPro
- Lionel Messi was not injured but didn’t feature for fear of getting injured — Evening Standard
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.