Arsenal Planning Talks to Determine Arsene Wenger’s Future: The Daily EPL
Arsenal are confident that Arsene Wenger will continue as the club’s manager next season and will honor the rest of his contract, which expires at the end of the 2013-14 season.
It’s understood that Wenger will meet with Arsenal Chief Executive Ivan Gazidis in a few weeks to identify transfer targets. But meanwhile Paris Saint-Germain have identified Wenger as their number one target to replace Carlo Ancelotti, who will likely become the new manager of Real Madrid after Jose Mourinho leaves at the end of this season.
Speculation will persist about Wenger’s future at Arsenal the longer he goes without signing an extension to his contract.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Gunners planning talks to determine Arsene Wenger’s future — Evening Standard
- Jamie Carragher to join Sky Sports next season — The Mail
- Manchester City try to crack American market — The Independent
- Sheikh Mansour’s MLS expansion could help the Premier League side — The Telegraph
- Sir Alex Ferguson hints Wayne Rooney has future at Manchester United — The Guardian
- John Amaechi: EPL players better off biting than being gay — Sports Illustrated
- Man United may struggle to compete with Chelsea & Man City in the transfer market — The Independent
- FA Launch Search For Living Descendants Of Eight Men Who Gave Football To The World — Pies
- EPL goal-line technology: Clubs will pay FIFA £15k each for installation, a total of £300k — The Mail
- Designated drinking area will give fans a chance to enjoy beer before Arsenal games — Arsenal FC
- Queens Park Rangers midfielder Ji-Sung Park wanted by MLS clubs — The Mail
- BT Sport will force TV partners to pay £250k if they miss a goal an £150k for a corner — The Mail
- QPR’s Djibril Cissé relishes chance of move back to Marseille — The Guardian
- Winston Reid signs new West Ham contract — The Mail
- Howard Webb and David Bernstein appointed to Fifa’s anti-racism task force — The Independent
- Havelange quits in FIFA bribes scandal as Sepp Blatter cleared of misconduct — The Mail
- The story of the man who welcomed Roman Abramovich into Stamford Bridge — Evening Standard
- Sunderland to appeal Stephane Sessegnon red card — The Mail
- Redknapp vows to follow example of Brighton by playing way out of Championship — Sky Sports
- Pardew should worry about Newcastle replacing him with a French manager — The Guardian
- Andre Villas-Boas keen for Danny Rose to return to Spurs after Sunderland loan — The Independent
- Alleged Man Utd signing Bruno Gomes scores 7, grabs 2 assists for Desportivo Brasil — 101GG
- Reading defender Alex Pearce set for move to Liverpool this summer — The Mail
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.