MON, 3PM ET
OLY
SAT, 10AM ET
WBA
EVE

4 Reasons to Get Excited About FIFA 14

fifa 14 logo 600x352 4 Reasons to Get Excited About FIFA 14

Following up on last week’s announcement of FIFA 14′s new features, I’m always excited when the next iteration of the FIFA video game series is being released. For video gamers in North America, the release date for FIFA 14 is reportedly September 24.

It’s already been mentioned that most of the on-field changes focus on the build-up play in midfield, which should take away some of the ‘arcadey’ style play that has been one of the biggest criticisms that has plagued the game for years.

So, while I am excited for the tweaks that EA has announced, what are some of the other things that caught my eye?

1. The revamped interface looks promising. Let’s be honest, the UI has needed changes for years and by ripping a page from their own playbook and using the screens from Ultimate teams and from the Madden series, it may make it easier to navigate between screens and not be so boring.

2. Licenses for England’s Blue Square Bet (the Conference) and Brazil’s Figueirense are being added.

3. It’s rumored that there will be another PS Vita version of FIFA. I’m hoping that EA doesn’t make the same mistake of giving us a roster update like they did last year but a lot of that hinges on whether or not PS Vita sales stay up between now and then.

4. There have been no announcements about next-gen iterations yet, but we can hope. But one never knows so it would be wise to see what happens at this year’s E3 Conference. If new systems are announced, it’s a good chance FIFA may be there.

Here’s hoping that in the next few months EA gives us a steady diet of goodies to get us hyped before September 24 rolls around. If some of these changes hold up, then we may lucky enough to get something that does not feel like a roster update. Otherwise stay tuned for any news regarding PES 14 from Konami.

This entry was posted in FIFA Video Game, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to 4 Reasons to Get Excited About FIFA 14

1. Marc says:

Will it be just the Premier Division of the Blue Square Conference or the North and South Division also? FC United of Manchester are once again in the Evostik League playoffs and if the win they will play in the Blue Square North.

2. Ben says:

I’m pretty sure they already announced that they’re not going to release FIFA 14 for next-gen consoles. That will be saved for FIFA 15 and beyond.

I’m counting on this new UI and Manager Mode to be a bit more agile. FIFA 13 seems to bog down so easily.

3. Sammy says:

Hope they improve the iPad version of the game well, preferably by making the manager mode more realistic and interesting.

My wishlist for iPad version of FIFA 14:

-Better simulation of matches. For one, most of the other results simulated by the system are too low scoring. I can actually have conceded only 40+ goals near the end of the season, yet still have conceded the most goals in the entire league. The other teams in the leagues are also way too inconsistent results-wise, resulting in very little competition at the top and increasing boredom.

-More appropriate messages from the Board. During the ore-season friendlies, it seems that the Board will not be satisfied with you as long as you don’t win all your matches. Even if I’ve won my first two and drew my final game after a comeback, the mere fact t hat I drew would be enough to make them send out an unhappy message. I hope this problem can be reduced, as it can be rather discouraging to see this especially at the start of your career.

- Managers should be judges based on results alone, not finances. Why does the board threaten to fire me when my budget becomes negative when sometimes it’s not my fault that this happens? The management of finances isn’t exactly the manager’s job, is it?

I’ll leave it at here for now.

• Alexander says:

I hope the IPad Fifa 14 version will be more sophisticated and similar to the Pes or Xbox version , they need to add commentaries in French , more fans songs and animation ..the FIFA 13 spectators cheerings are very boring, and hopefully more competitive teams in the manager mode

4. CTBlues says:

The biggest things I want to see are improvments in the managers mode.

Also Sony already announced PS4 and Microsoft is annoucing the next Xbox at the end of May before E3, but that doesn’t matter to me because I get FIFA on PC anyways.

• BorisYeltsin says:

Yes! Manager mode really needs some improvements. ’13 was much better than ’12, but it still had some really annoying failings.

e.g. transfers were still screwed up – some players would move club almost every transfer window(e.g. Samir Nasri and David Silva), often back and forth between the same clubs. Meanwhile, other players would stick at the same club for their whole career, despite never getting any playing time.

5. BorisYeltsin says:

Yawn…if EA ignore the many persistent problems with every FIFA, while taking the time to bother with this (which surely only half a dozen people in the whole world will care about), that will be very annoying.

• Alex says:

Considering that the main fan base for FIFA 14

• Alex says:

is in Britain and there have been many calls to add this very simple league which will add fans and increase the length of an english career mode it is a cheap good move.

• Imp_88 says:

Exactly, don’t be so narrow minded Boris. There are a lot of ex-league clubs in the conference now who want their team to be available in Fifa, like myself. I can’t wait to beat people online who insist on being Barca, etc with Lincoln City used to be so much fun.

6. Jessica says:

Is FIFA 14 going to be released on Wii U???? I’m getting worried as I don’t see it mentioned anywhere yet.

7. NeilO says:

Same ol product with minor tweeks. Dont be a sucker.

8. Georgio says:

England’s Blue Square Bet (the Conference) and Brazil’s Figueirense are being added? is this a joke? The Ukrainian league should be introduced. After all FC Shakhtar donetsk reached the uefa champions league knockout stages. Also players should be allowed to choose their own national rosters for seasons. For example Australia recently played a game against a poor asian team. The coach Holger Osieck chose young Austrlian players to play. As a result of this game EA took many first team Australian players out of the seasons squad which ruined my seasons experience. This is why players should be given the right to choose their own squads for national teams.

• Imp_88 says:

Why is it ‘a joke’? Conference would have been cheap to add and many teams are already in the system from when they were in the league. Very cheap option which will please a lot of English fans. I’m sure the Ukranian league would just cost more to implement for no return.

9. Georgio says:

More international teams should also be introduced. Croatia, the 4th best country according to the fifa world rankings is not in the game. With players like modric and mandzukic is a real wonder why Coratia’s not in the game. Other countries such as Japan, Ghana, Nigeria, Ukraine and Korea republic.

Also to note, I’d like to know why India was introduced. There are definitely 100 better international teams than India. It is absolutely pointless putting them in the game. Which international team are they to compete with?

• John Melvin says:

I’m an Indian and I was excited about India being included in fifa 13. But then I looked at the international teams and to my shock i found no croatia there. Man luka modric is my favourite player and also croatia is one of the top teams as of now. I was very disappointed and so are the thousands of fans out there. I hope they include them in fifa 14.

10. leohimself says:

Reasons to get excited?
    They need to make fifa playable. Fifa 13 was a scripted piece of sh*t.

11. hotmale says:

how about focusing on the shoddy defending

12. john marzan says:

PES has the UEFA Champions league,

the copa libertadores,

and NOW, the AFC Champions league!

13. Alex says:

Is the bLUE SQUARE conference addition a definite then?

14. whaling says:

in fifa 14 they need to make the passing alot better make the ball go to the player you want it to same with the thru ball. cause in fifa 13 when you pass the to another player it dont go to them so if you colud be the passes alot better that would be great thank you

15. whaling says:

in fifa 14 they need to make the passing alot better make the ball go to the player you want it to same with the thru ball. cause in fifa 13 when you pass the ball to another player it dont go to them so if you could make the passes alot better that would be great. also what would be great if they you made the commentaries alot better like when you do a free kick and you score they should shout the players name out the woulkd be great thank you

16. Matt says:

They need to cut down on your own reserve players turning down transfers to other clubs. I moved from Accrington Stanley to Southampton in my 3rd year and somehow they had 2 goalkeepers that were rated 53 overall with 5 year contracts. I agreed to sell them to league 2 teams at least twice in each transfer window but the talks always broke down, even though their moralle was down nearly all the way. It was extremely frustrating.

17. Josh says:

Why do we still not have a multi-team career mode?

I wish they’d stop calling subtle and silly changes to scouting “improvements” and let us do a career offline with our friends. Other EA games have it, why can’t fifa?

Even if just manager career at the same time. In college football you can literally control EVERY team. Same in Madden.

Stop spending so much time on Online and bring back lounge mode and give us multiplayer career manager mode!

18. Josh says:

Sorry, i know its only a small thing but it bugs me, when promoted from the football league to the premier league can’t you change the sleeve badges? Fed up of winning the EPL with a npower badge.

19. Derrick says:

Any additional international countries? Ghana, Japan, wales????

20. azas says:

Please can u tell me if lounge mode will be back.